Which STM32 Family suits deviation?

More
11 Jun 2015 06:15 #33814 by sampedro916
Which STM32 Family suits deviation? was created by sampedro916
What families of STM32 M Cortex can Deviation run on> M3, M0? and whats the minimum flash needed? Im curious because Ive read that it runs on M3, M0, and if so i would assume my board would take it, up its rear...(usb)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2015 06:31 #33815 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Which STM32 Family suits deviation?
I have run the protocol stack on a M0. The lack on a high-speed divider is annoying, and the number of interrupt levels may be too few for the full gui/inputs/protocol stuff concurrently. i wouldn't recommend it. You also need about 256k of FLASH for the whole shebang

Deviation was designed to run on the M1, and there is no issue here. again 256k is really needed to do it justice, though we can squeeze it onto a 128kB board if there is offline flash available

Deviation has been ported to the M2 for the Tarranis. The Tarranis port is not done, but the M2 backend is basically complete. I've not worked o the M3 or M4.

More
15 Jun 2015 07:20 #34105 by sampedro916
Replied by sampedro916 on topic Which STM32 Family suits deviation?
Well it seems at promising, as I dont need the full build, (i assume). I have an old Futaba FG gold series, 7 channel, with the dual rates option. I really like the aesthetics of that old radio. I would like to keep it looking as original as possible, and put in a microcontroller to basically have it be a computerized radio. I dont want to put any LCD on it as that would defeat the point, however I do plan on using a bluetooth module so that i can use a android, or iphone to do all the programing, dual rates etc. I got a STM32VLDiscovery board which has 2 STM32 microcontrollers, a STM32f103c8t6 handles the st-link, and the meat and potatoes is a STM32F100RB microcontroller, 128 KB Flash, 8 KB RAM. I also dont need, nor want every protocol available in deviation, but like the idea of having the versatility. The original Circuit Board from th FG is no good, but everything else looks like it has never been used. From what i gather from the data sheet, my knowledge and experience with turnigy 9x/9xr's and the Arduino RC project which is based on an Uno, I should be able to use the STMDisco for the radio, and I have read the source code in your repository, and noticed the build for the family of which the STM32F100RB is in, I could get extra flash too, I just lack some knowledge In completeing a project like this with out input, and tutorials. Perhaps If I loaned you the STM32VL might you be able to put a build on it, Id happily pay you, or whatever you would want in exchange for doing that?? I would appreciate it tremendously!!
Sam

More
15 Jun 2015 12:27 #34109 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Which STM32 Family suits deviation?
Honestly, I have no interest in porting Deviation to the Discovery board. The UniversalTx board (search the forums) is being designed with a PPM in option, and it could probably be enhanced to do mixing as well (it is on my TODO list). What it can't do is to read the tx analog/digital inputs and convert them to PPM.

8k of RAM is likely too low to do anything with Deviation. You should find a more appropriate board if you plan to do this task.

It really isn't something I'm interested in tackling, and I don't do contract work because (a) no one would pay my rates, and (b) I'm not sure if it would be a conflict of interest with my day job.

If you want to do it, I would be happy to answer specific questions you might have.

More
22 Jun 2015 03:58 #34491 by sampedro916
Replied by sampedro916 on topic Which STM32 Family suits deviation?
I totally understand, and would probably feel the same. i agree that getting a board that is already suited for the project is best. I wouldn't ever know if you or anyone would be upto it without asking, and I know you are busy. I truelly appreciate that you are frank, and upfront, not to mention your contribution thus far.I will let ya know what ultimayely happens, thank you!

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds