Need your help updating the manual

More
17 Jun 2015 22:14 #34241 by mwm
We now have nightly HTML builds of the manual (Thanks for that, PB!) linked in the menu on the left. It includes documentation on features that are in the nightly build but not 4.0.1, but is not complete..

In particular, we've added a lot of protocols, and changed some of them significantly. Many of these aren't listed in the "Supported models" spreadsheet (link in the menu on the left again). I've updated the documentation to include all the models in the current sources. However, I'm not familiar with most of them, so can't really say what they do. Where they were documented in the spreadsheet, I've added that info to the manual. But most of them just say "Needs to be completed."

If you use any of these protocols, or better yet, developed them, you can help out here. Best case, you have a commit bit to the repo (anyone who can push code to the sources has that), so you can just replace "Needs to be completed" with the appropriate text, and push that. If you're not sure about the formatting, create a pull request instead of pushing it. Even if you don't have a commit bit, you can create a pull request from a clone of the repo.

If you're not a developer at all, post the appropriate text for a protocol - and the protocol name - here and I'll add it to the manual.Worst case, I believe anyone can edit the spreadsheet, so add the protocol to page 2, and then add the models to page one, and post a note here that you've done so (along with the protocol name!) here and I'll update the manual.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds