Bug? Changing icons from the menu causes crashes.

More
11 Oct 2015 15:49 #38741 by serum
Using 4.0.1, devo 10.

First off; thanks for enabling these features from the devo10. Amazing work.

When an icon is placed in the modelico folder (H8.bmp) and this icon is changed from the transmitters menu, (model menu > model setup > Icon) and another icon is selected than the standard ones available, the transmitter crashes. Unless you rename this icon to plane.bmp it works like a charm. While browsing to that H8.bmp icon, it also publishes a wrong name, it shows up as _MULT~1.bmp. Once selected, it crashes. Friend of mine is experiencing the same issue with his Devo.

If this icon is defined using an edit tool in the model.ini and the original name is being used (H8.bmp), and the H8.bmp file is put in the modelico folder, it works like it should. Right icon is shown in the menu and the name h8.bmp can be used).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2015 17:06 - 11 Oct 2015 17:07 #38743 by beardyman
I can confirm that this bug has been present for a long time, and is still in the latest nightlies. I'm using both Devo 7e and 10. I have gotten around it by editing the model files directly, and it's only a minor annoyance, but it would be nice if it could be fixed.
Last edit: 11 Oct 2015 17:07 by beardyman. Reason: Spelling mistake

More
12 Oct 2015 00:10 #38750 by richardclli
Replied by richardclli on topic Bug? Changing icons from the menu causes crashes.
Is there any issue in the issue tracker? I will try to see if I can fix this.

More
12 Oct 2015 04:10 #38753 by richardclli
Replied by richardclli on topic Bug? Changing icons from the menu causes crashes.
I tried it out in the emulator, but I cannot reproduce this bug. Have you tried it in the emulator?

More
12 Oct 2015 05:20 #38756 by Daryoon
I've only seen corrupted model icon causing a reboot. If you remove or replaced the bad model icon, it solves the problem.

More
12 Oct 2015 15:03 #38760 by beardyman
I just tried removing all my extra icons, leaving only the stock icons, freshly copied from a new install, but the bug remains on my Devo 7e, using v4.0.1-a5a424c.

More
12 Oct 2015 15:26 #38761 by beardyman
I can't replicate the bug in the emulator.

More
05 Feb 2016 00:42 #42606 by kahuna001
I don't know if anyone figured out the bug but I think it is because of OS X putting in ._XXX.bmp files.

I open terminal and cd /modelico folder
rm ._*.bmp which removed all the extra files.

and it works for me now. I can browse all the icons. Make sure it is 8.3 format.

More
05 Feb 2016 00:55 #42607 by beardyman
I think you've figured it out! I am using OS X. I just followed your instructions and now I can finally change icons through the GUI. Thanks! :lol:

More
13 Jun 2017 12:50 #62966 by Nelicopter
Replied by Nelicopter on topic Bug? Changing icons from the menu causes crashes.
I've been having that same issue, I'd just like to thank Kahuna for helping me out, works a charm.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds