Problem with overvolted devo7e

More
18 Feb 2016 14:16 - 18 Feb 2016 14:17 #43243 by eikaf
Replied by eikaf on topic Problem with overvolted devo7e

Fernandez wrote: ...
I have allready modded my battery tray of my 7e and can confirm 2 18650 3400mah cells do fit the tx, and I am still back wards compatible and can use the NiMh original tray.
Next mod will be to put two of these:
www.banggood.com/NCR-18650-3400mAH-3_7-V...nasonic-p-72906.html

Which is the difference between your actual batteries and 3400 ones. Maybe you meant you have less mah batteries inside?

Anyway thanks a lot for your tutorial, it's very helpful.
Last edit: 18 Feb 2016 14:17 by eikaf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2016 15:35 - 18 Feb 2016 15:36 #43244 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Problem with overvolted devo7e
Nimh eneloop 4cells, 4.8v 2500mah or 2x 18650 Panasonic NCR 3400mah 7.6V
As we are using a switch bec, means that it doubles the operation time without charging the radio.

But otherwise there is no benefit.
Downside and Warning of you cannot any longer use internal charger when doing that.
Last edit: 18 Feb 2016 15:36 by Fernandez.

More
23 Apr 2016 16:28 #47057 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Problem with overvolted devo7e
Hello, I'm running a 2S LiPO (Through a UBEC set to 5.9v) on my wife's 7E. Right now I'm monitoring it with a LiPO tester / alarm but would like to have the devo do voltage monitoring internally as it does with the stock 4S NiMH pack...

The issue is the devo's internal batt monitor is of course reading the stable voltage out of the UBEC, so totally useless. Am I able to wire a small jumper from batt+ to the voltage divider input, bypassing the UBEC, to again get the devo to be able to read battery voltage and have a working voltage display and/or alarm?

Would I have to change the voltage divider scaling in code or physically change the resistor divider values to get it to work right or should it be good for 8.4v?

It must have a typical resistor divider for batt monitoring right? Is that ADC 3V3 or 5V?

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
23 Apr 2016 17:36 #47064 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic Problem with overvolted devo7e
On my 7e, if I hook up a LiPo, I get the voltage reading that matches the LiPo.. 7.77volts on a lipo that has 7.82v.. not the best accuracy I guess, but it definitely is reading the battery voltage.

More
23 Apr 2016 18:36 #47068 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Problem with overvolted devo7e
I did that first, thankfully with the case opened and the [stock cyrf] module got hot in under a minure or two. That's why I added the UBEC.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
17 Sep 2016 16:51 #53969 by bennymack
Replied by bennymack on topic Problem with overvolted devo7e
I attempted the polulu regulator mod but now my 7e doesn't power up completely. The backlight comes on but no beep or additional activity. What did I do wrong?

Probing things with a multimeter looks like everything is working ok. Using a power supply to give it about 5.5v and that is appearing on the VIN and 3.3v is going to the vout/vdd.
Attachments:

More
17 Sep 2016 20:39 #53980 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Problem with overvolted devo7e
Hmm that's strange I am running exactly same setup for long time and it works no problem. (removed the hot regulator)

Are you sure you have enough vbat voltage supplied?
As mentioned before the regulator works fine at 1s and provide 3v3, but the devo does not run at 1s even while polulo make perfect 3v3. This regulator mod, I wanted to remove the mini hot onboard regulator and hope to get the tx voltage readout at devo stable, but with the the new reg still same as before. So there seems to be something more in the devo 7e power circuit.

More
18 Sep 2016 03:21 #53991 by bennymack
Replied by bennymack on topic Problem with overvolted devo7e
My bench power supply was a recent acquisition so I thought I'd use it to test this mod. I set it it 5.5v and 100ma to start. Even after bumping up the allowed current it behaved the same. It only ever pulls about 50ma. I then tried the battery pack and still no change.

When I removed the original regulator I tried doing it with hot air at first. I had it set to 220c and hit the regulator for a while but couldn't get it to budge. Then I just used an iron. I noticed that some of the wrapper on the southwest capacitor got melted a little. Is it possible to kill a cap with 220 for a minute or so? Is this cap vital in the tx operation?

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds