Deviation 5.0 has been released

More
03 May 2016 13:06 - 03 May 2016 13:07 #47658 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Deviation 5.0 has been released
RF chips:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...cols-and-chips#19932

Only two RF chips not supported by Deviation - Micro Linear ML2724 and CC2520.
Last edit: 03 May 2016 13:07 by vlad_vy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2016 13:10 #47659 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Deviation 5.0 has been released

vlad_vy wrote: Futaba FASST use other RF chip (aside from cyrf6936, A7105, CC2500, nRF24L01), not supported by Deviation.

I don't know what is wrong with new user manual from User Manual section, but I can open it by Foxit Reader. Adobe Reader can't open it.

Yes, I'm seeing the same. I'l dig into it. The HTML manual linked in the sidebar is identical and is HTML so you shouldn't have any issue with it.

More
03 May 2016 13:41 #47661 by auceto
Replied by auceto on topic Deviation 5.0 has been released
Thank for info...
I tested the file on PC with Acrobat and now on tablet with Acrobat (it fails) and with WPS Office+pdf. The last one can open the file without problems.

More
03 May 2016 15:33 #47672 by lcc014
Replied by lcc014 on topic Deviation 5.0 has been released
Thank you for the information. FASST dream is very far away ......

:)

More
03 May 2016 15:58 #47673 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Deviation 5.0 has been released
Once again - Futaba FASST equipment is prohibitively expensive, and FASSTest even more so. Chip may be or may be not a problem - I don't know. It can be emulated by one of existing ones - it happened with XN297 and LT8900, though admittedly they are closer to regular than what Futaba FASST uses. It's an interesting research project, apparently doable (many Chinese clones for FASST), but I'll wait for someone else to finance it :-)

I work on T-FHSS Air, another one of Futaba's plenty of incompatible protocols. It has telemetry if you're interested in it.

More
03 May 2016 17:18 #47683 by billmester
Replied by billmester on topic Deviation 5.0 has been released
Great job!!! Thanks!
I have installed it and works like... the 4.0.1 before, stable and reliable, without my good old bugs :) I am very happy, really :)

Quick question: I have a V911-salvaged A7105 and an NRF24L01+PA module installed, since ages.
I have taken the TX apart, checked the cabling, and it was the same, as it is shown in the latest moduleinstall document... they both work fine now with the 5.0.0 too... can it be, that those two do not need re-wiring?

Thanks
bm

More
04 May 2016 00:57 #47706 by gongye
Replied by gongye on topic Deviation 5.0 has been released
The 5 version of the X FRSKY does not have the agreement added in it? Very much looking forward to! Is it not yet mature?

More
04 May 2016 04:32 - 04 May 2016 04:33 #47712 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic Deviation 5.0 has been released
FrskyX protocol is still in the works, but nearly finished as far as I can tell.. it'll likely appear in a nightly of 5.0 sometime soon.
Last edit: 04 May 2016 04:33 by Arakon.

More
04 May 2016 09:45 #47718 by Fernando
Replied by Fernando on topic Deviation 5.0 has been released
Great job guys, it's really amazing, the most revolutionary mod for a transmitter I have ever seen.
Does it include all improvements that have been released in previous nightly builds?
Is there any change log somewhere?

Thank you!!

More
04 May 2016 09:55 - 04 May 2016 10:11 #47720 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Deviation 5.0 has been released
I plan to write some details on DSM / telemetry enhancements in the release 5.0 WIKI.

ChangeLog / Commit log:
github.com/DeviationTX/deviation/commits/master
github.com/DeviationTX/deviation/commits/BRANCH_5.0
bitbucket.org/deviationtx/deviation/commits/all

Just search for "DSM" on BitBucket.

I am posting BitBucket link too as I am still struggling finding all the features and listing features on GitHub.
GitHub (master) commits also shows no tag for release 5.0.0 on 59bc229. So you may have to use different views.
Last edit: 04 May 2016 10:11 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
04 May 2016 19:14 #47762 by saidem
Replied by saidem on topic Deviation 5.0 has been released
A big thank you to everyone for work on the new version I will install on all my TX soon.
Well done.

More
05 May 2016 19:52 - 05 May 2016 20:01 #47833 by McQuack
Replied by McQuack on topic Deviation 5.0 has been released
Well, I just installed in my 12S but the radio told me than It's the 4.0.1 version.... :blink: , Is that correct? :dry:
My friends... I believe the zip file for 12S it's wrong, because the emu for 12S has all upgrades than the manual talk about but the firmware for 12S inside of the zip file not....
Last edit: 05 May 2016 20:01 by McQuack.

More
06 May 2016 14:33 #47877 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-
Replied by -=Hubi-Dirk=- on topic Deviation 5.0 has been released
Can´t find any Problems at 5.0.0 and the Nightly from 4. of May. Do you upgrade both .dfu-Files?

More
06 May 2016 16:14 - 06 May 2016 16:19 #47882 by McQuack
Well I don't know really what is you mean, but:
1.- I download the .zip file deviation-devo12-v5.0.0 and Unzip it
2.- I turn on my radio Devo 12S while I push the ENT button in order to come in usb mode.
3.- I delete all file from the memory (before I save a copy)
4.- I copy the All file Unzipped before less:
debug-devo12-v5.0.0.zip
deviation-devo12-v5.0.0.dfu
devo12-lib.dfu
4.- I restart my radio and the version of firmware still be 4.0.1
That is I did.
Sorry for my English but It's quite rusty.
And Acrobat give me error(14) If I try to read the new manual
Last edit: 06 May 2016 16:19 by McQuack.

More
06 May 2016 16:44 #47883 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Deviation 5.0 has been released
that is not the way to upgrade a devo12 bud, read this here >> www.deviationtx.com/user-manual/user-manual-6-8-12

More
06 May 2016 17:09 - 06 May 2016 17:13 #47885 by McQuack
sorry but....
2.4. Updating the file system via USB (Not necessary after installing with the Deviation Uploader tool)

Open the folder that has been extracted from the zip file and copy all the files and directories inside this folder to the root of the transmitter USB drive. For details of the file-system please see 2.9 USB & File-system. The files with the extension ‘zip’, and ‘dfu’ need not to be copied.
_images/dont_copy_files.png

If you are upgrading from an older release, don’t upgrade the ‘tx.ini’, and ‘hardware.ini’ files or the ‘models’ directory. Optionally, copy the ‘models’ directory to the transmitter except for the currently configured model files. This last step will ensure that the defaults for newly created models have the latest options set. If the ‘tx.ini’ file is overwritten, the stick calibration must be repeated and any settings reset.

Or maybe did you mean than I have to upgrade from 0 like a original Walkera brand new radio?
Last edit: 06 May 2016 17:13 by McQuack.

More
06 May 2016 17:45 - 06 May 2016 17:51 #47888 by Arnold
Replied by Arnold on topic Deviation 5.0 has been released
Think of a Deviation installation as being two parts:
1. Install the firmware
2. install the file system

From what you are saying, it sounds like you have not done the first part - installing the firmware.
If you are using the Deviation Uploadet tool 0.8.0, then all that is needed is to select the ZIP file for your transmitter and install. That way, everything is installed at once.
If you are using the Walker DfuSe tool, then it will take both steps to do the installation, as described in the manual - which you can read online since there's a problem with the PDF versions.

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?
Last edit: 06 May 2016 17:51 by Arnold.

More
06 May 2016 17:55 #47889 by Arnold
Here you go:

Step-by-step Installing Deviation on the Devo:
- Ensure that your Devo is fully charged before beginning. Interrupting this process will lead to tears.
- Run the DeviationUpload-0.8.0.jar application on your computer.
- Connect your Devo to your computer using the appropriate USB cable.
- On the radio, turn on the power switch while pressing the "EXT" button. (On the Devo 12S radio, use the "Trainer" switch instead.)
The "Program Update" screen will be displayed on the radio and it is ready to receive an update.
- If your computer prompts you for driver software, take the steps necessary to satisfy that request, Window users should start with the "DFU USBDrv Installer" that you downloaded earlier.
- If your computer prompts you to format the device, accept the default recommendation and proceed. Formatting clears out the file system, but does not affect the firmware. If you had Devention models, they are saved, but are not available to you under Deviaton firmware.
- On your computer, look at the "Transmitter" field at the top of the Uploader program that's running. The name of your Devo should appear there shortly after turning on the transmitter.
- Look for the series of tabs marked "Install/Upgrade | DFU | File Manager | Bin-Send" and see that "Install/Upgrade" is highlighted.
- Next to the "Firmware" field, click on the "..."button to browse for the Zip file for the Deviation firmware you are going to install and select it. The path and filename will appear in the "Firmware" field. You will also see that the fields for Firmware and Library Version and Size now contain information. Also, a number of item boxes have been checked in the program window to set up the installation. You're good to go!
- Click on the "Install/Upgrade" button at the bottom of the program window and wait while the installation takes place. You'll see the progress bar at the bottom of the window and then a dialog box will notify you when the installation is complete. Be patient.
- Job done. Unplug the USB cable and turn off the transmitter. When you turn it on again, you'll be greeted with the Deviation splash screen.

More
06 May 2016 18:23 - 06 May 2016 19:33 #47891 by McQuack
Thank you very much to all, my friends!!. I'm too slow today(at less it's friday) I just did and work thank I was confused with the system files and firmware files.. thank and sorry. :blush: :blush: :blush: :whistle:

www.deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/5471-ho...ibly-f7?limitstart=0
Last edit: 06 May 2016 19:33 by McQuack.

More
06 May 2016 19:43 #47898 by Arnold
No need to apologize - we've all gone through this learning phase.
I'll set a challenge for you...
If you can work out how to program and use those two sets of dials on the top/side of the 12S (they're aux switches), I believe you will have mastered the Deviation firmware.
Good luck!

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds