Devo 10 won't connect to PC, have read threads.

More
12 Nov 2016 02:01 #55859 by Flinnt
Hi all,

I have a Devo 10 I'm trying to upgrade to Deviation as I need to install a CC2500 to operate my new drone. It won't connect to my PC and yes I have read the other threads on this here and they don't help with my problem.

The Tx is in Program Update mode (Ext + On). I have tried every connection sequence. I have used 2 good quality functioning USB cables and the one supplied with the Devo 10. I have used 2 different computers with Windows Vista and Windows 8.1. I have tried all USB ports, and tried removing all USB devices (except keyboard which I need to log in when I restart) and restarting the PC. I have checked the rubber piece over the USB connection on the Tx is not in the way. I have opened the Tx and made sure the USB connection is properly in place and soldered well.

I have looked for a DFU device in Device Manager - none there. I have used USBDeview to search for a DFU device and there are none.

I have tried uninstalling Defuse and DFU drivers and connecting. I have tried reinstalling Defuse and DFU drivers and connecting.

I am physically not getting any connection to the PC despite working cables, working USB ports, Tx in Program Update mode.

Please help. I've spent the last week building a drone which I now can't fly until I 'deviate' my Tx but can't even begin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2016 06:02 - 12 Nov 2016 06:08 #55863 by Arnold
Since you're not getting anywhere with the Walkera method for installing Deviation, take a look at the user manual for the Devo10 where it talks about installation - particularly section 2.1.1 that talks about Windows drivers and the software to install them. Find the user manual in the sidebar on the left side of this page.

Personally, I recommend using the Java uploader tool to install Deviation, rather than the Walkera tool. So that calls for a Windows driver that's different from the Walkera tool's driver. Of course, you need to be sure you have Java installed on your PC, but these days that's pretty common.

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?
Last edit: 12 Nov 2016 06:08 by Arnold.

More
12 Nov 2016 09:31 #55864 by vlad_vy
It looks like you need manually install STM32 DFU driver. Browse to C:\Program Files\devention Upgrade Tools\Driver.

More
12 Nov 2016 11:54 - 13 Nov 2016 01:05 #55867 by Flinnt
Thanks so much for replying.

I can't see a 2.1.1 in the manual, only 2.1. (EDIT: Found 2.1.1 (the downloads on the left are different to simply clicking on the user manual to view). I have been following what 2.1.1 says and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver software with no success, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling drivers using this software.) Having read the manual I'm still none the wiser in connecting the Devo 10. It simply doesn't recognise that anything has been plugged in to the USB.

I have tried manually installing the drivers too and still nothing when I connect. There's no 'bong-bing' sound of anything being connected. Nothing shows up in device manager or in USBDeview.

Trying, trying, trying but not succeeding.
Last edit: 13 Nov 2016 01:05 by Flinnt.

More
12 Nov 2016 11:56 #55868 by Flinnt
I forgot to mention that the Walkera site link for Dfuse is no longer working. I can't find it anywhere on their site. The link comes up with a blank page and then redirects to the Walkera home page.

I got Dfuse from Walkera fans Germany - I've tried v2.0, v2.3 and v2.31 and no luck with any of those.

More
12 Nov 2016 13:29 #55870 by aMax
Get "USBDeview.exe" and look which driver is called when you plug the transmitter into the usbport.
There must,.... be an STM device in dfu mode. (USB driver for tube device) otherswise it will never work.
To get this driver installed is up to you, last chance ( admin mode) is to force Windows to accept a none signed driver.
Version 2.3 works at least with win 7/8 /32.
I

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02

More
12 Nov 2016 14:39 #55871 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Devo 10 won't connect to PC, have read threads.
Never tried for my devo, as never needed it, but for my flight controller also using ARM, I had good success using zadig, driver tool. zadig.akeo.ie/

Just go to option list all devices, select the STM device from the list of found devices, press reinstall driver.

worth a try.

More
12 Nov 2016 21:23 #55878 by Flinnt
Thanks for more replies.

I have used USBDeview as noted in my post. There is no STM or DFU device showing up at all when I plug in. It only shows my keyboard, mouse and a couple of gaming controllers I use.

I also have Zadig but there is no STM device showing up when I plug in.

My issue is that there is physically no connection happening from the Tx to the PC despite using multiple functioning good quality USB cables, trying all USB ports, unplugging everything (except keyboard) and restarting etc. The female USB connection on the Tx seems to be fitted correctly and soldered well. It's not the rubber USB port cover thingy getting in the way.

There is nothing for a driver to be installed for. I first need my PC to notice that something got plugged into USB which so far it hasn't. All of my other USB devices connect normally.

More
23 Jul 2017 00:42 #63559 by hyetou
I'm having this same problem with my new Devo 7e, and this thread is the only one I've been able to find that describes it well. My transmitter doesn't show up in the device manager, USBDreview, or anywhere else. There is no evidence that the computer knows anything is there at all.

The transmitter is in Program Update mode (EXT + on), and is plugged in through USB. I have tried 2 different USB cables on 3 different computers. No reaction from any of them.

Did you ever figure this out?

More
23 Jul 2017 20:48 #63568 by Flinnt
No I didn't ever get it connected. I had to buy a new receiver and setup the drone differently to my original plan.

A major disappointment. The devos are a much lesser item when you can't connect to pc. I never would have bought it if I knew.

I actually have 2 devo-10s and both don't connect. I bought one overseas and one switch didn't work out of the box. The seller just sent me another so I have 2 but one is missing one switch. It works fine otherwise and I can use it by not assigning anything to that switch. But it also doesn't connect to pc. My brother has a devo (I can't remember which number) and it connects fine.

Sorry for the bad news of no fix. Let me know if you figure it out.

More
24 Jul 2017 16:05 #63575 by hyetou
Yeah connecting to a computer is pretty essential for what I want to do with it. Thanks for the reply, I will let you know if I get it figured out.

More
25 Jul 2017 21:19 #63587 by hyetou
I ended up deciding there must just be something wrong with it, returned it and got a replacement. Plugged the new one in, turned it on, and immediately got the Windows bong-bing sound, was able to install the drivers and get it working no problem. It's pretty unlucky that you've had this issue on 2 different ones.

I wish you more luck!

More
25 Jul 2017 22:37 #63588 by mwm
I went through that with my first 10. it didn't connect. Returned it (which - thanks to buying from ebay was a a major PITA) and bought one through Amazon. That one (and a second one I bought from Amazon years later) worked out of the box.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds