Rates always too freaking low / Devo 10

More
20 Jan 2017 13:24 #58233 by Knobs
Hi guys,

I'm really having trouble figuring out why my rates are always too damn slow to flip, it always kinda loops instead of flippin around it's own axis.

I like a high rate with a decent amount of positive expo to keep things at stick center ok, but when i want to make a flip, it really needs to be quicky as it gets.

But it never gets quicky enough, how to setup this ? !

Say we want AIL to have a higher rate.
I go into

MODEL MENU
MIXER 2 'AIL' - Change settings MIN LIMIT - 250 MAX LIMIT +250 / SCALE - 250 SCALE + 250 , so everything is maxed out.
Then go into SIMPLE TAB - Change SCALE to 125 EXPO 30.

Still too damn slow. Any more settings i can change ?
Can't make loops inside my house, too damn slow.

Flying DSMX Blade QX / Inductrix FPV , so NO external FC software possible. It has to be arranged inside the Transmitter DEVO 10
When flying my Walkera F210 and Furious 320 , i can setup my rates inside software like Cleanflight or Betaflight to give it a fundamental quicker response.

Running latest nightly build, but previous versions gave me the same issues.
Am i missing out on something?

Thanks !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2017 00:23 - 23 Jan 2017 00:26 #58307 by Knobs
Replied by Knobs on topic Rates always too freaking low / Devo 10
So,too many views, too little reply's.

Maybe i should ask the question in a different way ;

How do you guys set your rates ?

:)

I think i might be stupid in some kind of way, but i'm not a bad person ;)
Last edit: 23 Jan 2017 00:26 by Knobs.

More
23 Jan 2017 00:41 #58308 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Rates always too freaking low / Devo 10
What values does the Channel Monitor show when you move your sticks, especially at max deflection? I wouldn't be surprised, but am kinda guessing, that that much Scale is actually having an adverse effect and you are seeing a scaled-up Expo which doesn't actually give you full control range?
I don't really know anything about the qx/inductrix, but generally speaking for DSMX I wouldn't want min/max to be over 150, and wouldn't run any Scale unless I'm reducing an input to mix with another one. As I said, tell us what values you see in the Channel Monitor and that will give us a clue as to what needs to be changed. I'd guess that at full stick deflection you should want between +/- 100 and maybe +/- 150 at maximum, that's the typical range expected by DSMX AFAIK

Time to create page: 0.027 seconds