Devo 7e MCU pin map

More
24 Jan 2017 20:01 - 24 Jan 2017 20:04 #58353 by compman2
Devo 7e MCU pin map was created by compman2
So I have been attempting a MCU upgrade of one of my 7e's. I have tried multiple times and in the process have lost a couple of pads on the board. I compiled this processor pin chart to see if I am missing anything important, and also to see the unused pins on the MCU. The pins I have highlighted in yellow appear to be unused. The blocks with the red highlight and x are the pads I have lost. It appears to me that even with the pads I have left I haven't lost any functionality except maybe vibrate and I can solder a jumper to correct that.

Could someone look this over and give me a second opinion. Maybe there are additional pins in use that I didn't find in documentation.

The orientation of the chip is the view you have after removing the back cover. Pin 1 is the grey box in the upper right hand corner.

So I am in the middle of my last attempt using a hot air rework station instead of a soldering iron. Hopefully I can get this unit back on the road again.

computer nerd, hobby collector, proud father
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Jan 2017 20:04 by compman2. Reason: earler oversight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2017 02:59 #58365 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Devo 7e MCU pin map
Your map matches everything I've looked at and seen here. It seems to me you will need PC14 and PC15 to connect the oscillator, and personally haptic (vibrating alerts) is one of my favorite features. But in any case I hope you can fix it.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
25 Jan 2017 16:32 #58379 by compman2
Replied by compman2 on topic Devo 7e MCU pin map
When I look at the board there are no traces leading from PC14 and PC15 even when the chip is removed. I have looked at images of the board after mcu removal (silpstream) and I see the same. If they are necessary I need to know their connecting points.

I can solder to the pin for haptic feedback. There is a via that is close that I can solder to. I may try getting i up first and then solder to the pin for haptic feedback. This is tedious but possible since I have done it on another 7e for 3 in 1 module.

computer nerd, hobby collector, proud father

Time to create page: 0.028 seconds