Aileron with two servos

More
11 Feb 2017 17:37 #59073 by LITE
Aileron with two servos was created by LITE
Welcome!

How to set-up aileron with two servos for a plane?
How to copy channel?

Best Regards
LITE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2017 17:25 #59157 by saidem
Replied by saidem on topic Aileron with two servos
With two channels, for exemple AIL for channel 2 and AIL for channel 6 or another one as you like. And maybe reversed one , I don't remember!

More
15 Feb 2017 20:55 #59166 by LITE
Replied by LITE on topic Aileron with two servos

saidem wrote: With two channels, for exemple AIL for channel 2 and AIL for channel 6 or another one as you like. And maybe reversed one , I don't remember!

Can You tell me how to setup flaperons?

More
16 Feb 2017 03:02 - 16 Feb 2017 03:02 #59177 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Aileron with two servos
Here's a couple of threads to get you started
ailerons
flaperons/spoilerons
Last edit: 16 Feb 2017 03:02 by RoGuE_StreaK.

More
16 Feb 2017 10:43 #59184 by saidem
Replied by saidem on topic Aileron with two servos
Hello,
Here is the copy of a part of the model that concerns the elevons. On the first mixer, you take ELE on one channel and you reduce it to 60, and on the second mixer you take AIL that you reduce to 60 and you addition it. On the other channel you do the reverse in addition by reversing AIL.
Here is the model.
Attachments:

More
24 Mar 2018 11:46 #68324 by Donthemon
Replied by Donthemon on topic Aileron with two servos
Hi - sorry, I'm a newbie moving from a Graupner MC24 TX to a Devo 7e, which is a real challenge!

All I want to do is to use a 4ch RX to give me 2 aileron servos and an elevator servo: I don't care about anything else. Is there a set of templates anywhere for models using this? If not, I have had a look through the forum but I can't find anything to help me.

Any help mostly gratefully received.

More
25 Mar 2018 04:34 #68338 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Aileron with two servos
Don't think there's any model files exactly like that. There's a good tutorial on model files here .

The simple way to do what you want is just to set AIL as source for the two channels controlling the aileron servos, then invert one of them by clicking on the Src box. But then you have to adjust each one individually. Better is to use a virtual channel (say Virt1) with AIL as the source, then set the sources for your two aileron servo channels to Virt1 and !virt1 with a 1-to-1 mix. Then any symmetric expo or range adjustments can be made just to the virtual channel.

Example with aileron servos on channels 1 and 2.
[channel1]
failsafe=125
template=simple
[mixer]
src=Virt1
dest=Ch1

[channel2]
failsafe=125
template=simple
[mixer]
src=!Virt1
dest=Ch2

[virtchan1]
template=simple
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Virt1
curvetype=expo
points=0,0

More
25 Mar 2018 10:24 #68346 by Donthemon
Hi - thanks for the response and the link for the manual.

No criticism to anyone involved in this project but it is a shame that something as powerfully featured as this firmware should be so difficult to understand and to use, especially as most flyers just want to fly, not spend hours/days trying to program their mixes. I have seen other users suggesting a set of standard templates for use as a start point and this would be really useful. Also, it wouldn't be difficult to create as I am sure that there must be every standard mix under the sun, in use by someone in this community.

I will certainly post the mix I am trying to create (once I have something) as it is a fairly standard one in the DLG community or for anyone needing a 'bank and yank' small glider mix.

Thanks to all

More
25 Mar 2018 21:27 #68353 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Aileron with two servos
I find so too, to be able to select "basic model configurations for tested models"
Some more basic templates like delta wing, v-tails etc etc allready included in the builds.

Bit off topic but one for me very annoing thing is that model file must be named model1, model2, would make much sence,
if inside model folder "model1_name whathever you want to call it".
Sharing and storing versions of models setting and exchanging models is bit of confusing. but I understood this can't be changed due to file system used.

More
06 May 2018 10:02 #69077 by Donthemon
Hi - this works for all of my 2 Aileron, 1 elevator DLGs using an FRSky 4 Ch RX.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds