Devo 7E with range mod, Losing connection DSMX

More
13 Mar 2017 02:18 #60164 by bjall4jc
I have a Devo 7e and a RedCon cm703. I'm flying a Wizard x220. I have been getting cut outs everywhere from 10 feet to 300 feet. I did the range mod last night. It was working fine, until I was working with betaflight setting up failsafe (verifying it worked properly), and I lost bind. Now I can't bind it at all.

Reflashed a nightly build from 3-9-17 today, got everything set back up, still not able to bind.

Running nightly build devo7e-v5.0.0-7121dd7

Range mod done from hacksmods original post, and hardware.ini has been edited. It did bind after the mod, but lost it during betaflight adjustments.

Help please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2017 20:10 #60172 by bjall4jc
Replied by bjall4jc on topic Devo 7E with range mod, Losing connection DSMX
I was able to redo the range mod this afternoon. Now, even with 150mW power setting. I get a range of around 20 feet or less.

More
14 Mar 2017 18:42 - 14 Mar 2017 18:42 #60194 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Devo 7E with range mod, Losing connection DSMX
I would try a different receiver, preferably Spektrum genuine, e.g AR6210.

Up to ~62m on 1mw setting, with NO holds and NOT too many FrameLosses (DX8G1, Devo10).
Last edit: 14 Mar 2017 18:42 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
28 May 2017 19:12 #62659 by dazmatic
Replied by dazmatic on topic Devo 7E with range mod, Losing connection DSMX
Did you ever resolve this?

I'm having an issue with my multiwii with a CM703 and MK810 receiver. The drone will suddenly stop responding and continue with it's present heading or loose throttle and stop responding to stick input,

It'll suddenly recover though but not before it's crashed if in a low hover but I dare not fly high now because of it!

It's got the range mod and a nrf24l01 and A7105 mod done to it.

More
29 May 2017 12:32 #62677 by Arakon
The redcon receivers are known to be junk, even with original spektrum transmitters.. chances are, the MK810 has similar issues.

More
29 May 2017 23:42 #62686 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Devo 7E with range mod, Losing connection DSMX

Arakon wrote: The redcon receivers are known to be junk

By whom? All tests I've seen, and done, have come up positive? Flew my ASN Floater Jet with a CM073 fine the other day, maybe to about 150m (limits of the field)

dazmatic, it's not a brownout issue?

More
11 Jun 2017 12:07 #62932 by dazmatic
Replied by dazmatic on topic Devo 7E with range mod, Losing connection DSMX
Could well be a brown out issue. I need to run a few more packs through it to be certain.

More
12 Jun 2017 03:56 #62939 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Devo 7E with range mod, Losing connection DSMX
I've just had issues with the afore-mentioned AXN the other day, definitely seems to be power related in my case as only happened when applying power over a certain percentage and using all servos at the same time. Now I've gotta track down if it's the ESC or the separate UBEC, couldn't tell for certain whether I just lost motor or lost all control (about 1second at a time).
That's not to say that the Redcon in question may not be more susceptable to brownouts than others, I know the old OrangeRX ones weren't very tolerant of slight voltage drops.

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds