Deviated Devo 10 + Devo 7 in training mode?

More
27 Mar 2017 17:05 #60813 by cjochetz
Hey, all. Wanting to get my 6year old son into flying. I have a Deviated Devo 10 that I use and I'm wondering if it will still work as master connected to a stock Devo 7 with the training cable. I've never attempted to link two transmitters together in this way. Does anyone know if it'll work?

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2017 00:36 #60827 by mwm
Assuming the 7 will do the job, yes, it will work. On the 10, you need to enable PPM inputs and then configure it properly - not quite as easy as on devention. See the manual for details.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
29 Mar 2017 07:19 #60893 by RRacer
Replied by RRacer on topic Deviated Devo 10 + Devo 7 in training mode?
I have used exactly that setup for my son.
Made a profile in the D7 with no D/R or expo. PPM in to the D10.
I made a few setups in the the D10 where the most basic one only gave my son ailerons and elevator.
As the kids today grow up with all kinds of computer games available, he immediately got the hang of it and wanted full control.
One little annoying thing, the Devo 10 doesn't have a momentary switch (apart from those little extra trim buttons). I'd prefer to have a switch that automatically switched back when released.

More
29 Mar 2017 16:58 #60911 by mwm

RRacer wrote: One little annoying thing, the Devo 10 doesn't have a momentary switch (apart from those little extra trim buttons). I'd prefer to have a switch that automatically switched back when released.

Well, the 10 has spare trim buttons, so you can use one of those. Or the buttons normally used to navigate the menu system. Instructions are in the manual. But you can replace one of the switches on the 10 with a momentary switch and it will work fine. It's an easy mod.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds