Devo 7e 3x2 switches not showing in Betaflight

More
28 Mar 2017 09:36 #60850 by ClittleJ
Hello again! I have a Makerfire Micro FPV quad with a DSM receiver. I bound it to my Devo 7e with DSM2 and set it up in Betaflight without any issues. Aux 1 and 2 were my 2 way switches. Recently I did the 3x2 switch mod on the 7e and figured out how to set up the switches (or at least get them to show inputs in the channel monitor) I set them up on Channel 7 and Virtual Ch1 with -100, 0, 100 fixed curves.
So I assumed when I reconnected to Betaflight these switches would show in the receiver tab as AUX 3 and AUX4 but they don't input anything at all. Do you think the problem is my programming of the switches? Or could it be that the receiver on the Makerfire "remembers" me only having 6 input channels? Any help/ideas would be great!
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2017 14:35 #60856 by Deal57
The number of channels is set when you bind, and may be limited by the protocol or hardware.

With my F3 betaflight with a satellite receiver, I get 7 channels. If I set it to 8 or more I get unreliable responses. In Devo mixer screen I see channels 5, 6, and 7. In the BF I see AUX1, AUX 2, and AUX3.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
28 Mar 2017 20:25 #60873 by ClittleJ
Replied by ClittleJ on topic Devo 7e 3x2 switches not showing in Betaflight
Thanks for the reply! So I created a new model file, and rebound the receiver using the bind button, making my two 3way switches as channel 5 and 6, and one of my 2way switches as channel 7. All show up fine in channel monitor, but I still only get 6 channels when I go into betaflight. I've watched videos of people binding to the same drone. One using Devo10 and one using a spectrum tx, in both cases they had more than 6 channel inputs in betaflight. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. It read every link that came up in Google having anything to do with this situation and it seems no one else is experiencing this.. lol. So I know its user error, just don't know where something is messed up.

More
29 Mar 2017 00:42 #60880 by ClittleJ

Deal57 wrote: The number of channels is set when you bind, and may be limited by the protocol or hardware.

With my F3 betaflight with a satellite receiver, I get 7 channels. If I set it to 8 or more I get unreliable responses. In Devo mixer screen I see channels 5, 6, and 7. In the BF I see AUX1, AUX 2, and AUX3.

Deal57, are you using a Devo7e with 3x2 switch mod? Now with new information Iv "gathered" I'm confused as to whether or not the 7e can output more than 6 channels in either case.. I have an AlienWii board as well with a Lemon rx satellite reciever. In MultiWii I only see the 2 Aux channels as well.
Any clarity from anyone would be much appreciated. Or maybe some things I can trouble shoot that I might be overlooking. It could very well be the case that the 7e can't transmit more than 6, or that my receiver isn't communicating more inputs to betaflight and multiWii. But after seeing people with the same drone connected with bigger TX's getting more than 6 output channels it makes me question my setup.
Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Again I have the channels showing in the channel monitor of the Tx under Channel 7 and/or 8 they just don't make it into betaflight.

More
29 Mar 2017 02:01 #60881 by Deal57
I have used my Orangerx R110x satellite with the Devo 7e, as well as a Devo 6s and Devo 12e. It works (binds, commands) with as many channels as you could need (I've tried up to 10), but it seems like the sweet spot is 7 channels with any of the three. Devo supports up to 12 channels on all platforms (if the protocol supports it) and I've used all 12 in some models.

First, maybe you could post your Ini file, and i've posted the Devo7e one below -- I only used it to test before moving to the Devo 6s. On the Devo 7e, Hold0 is Armed, Hold1 is disarmed, SW A 0-1-2 is flight mode (channel AUX2, just two modes in use) and I have three levels on SW B 0-1-2, although I only assigned one.

Also set up your CF/BF with Aux1 to arm, Aux2 for flight mode and Aux3 turns on the beeper if it lose it -- check before you fly, ok? I've also included the rxrange commands I use with my Devos so that CF/BF use the 1000-2000 range.
aux 0 0 0 1500 2100
aux 1 1 1 900 1300
aux 2 2 1 1300 1700
aux 3 12 2 1500 2100
rxrange 0 1159 1841
rxrange 1 1159 1841
rxrange 2 1159 1841
rxrange 3 1159 1841

Attachments:

More
29 Mar 2017 02:42 #60882 by ClittleJ
Thanks again for the response. I will try your model file tomorrow when I get off work. As well as post the one I have set up. Looking at yours the scale on your 3 position switches goes from -100,0,-100 is this what you were saying about only using them for 2 positions?
The difference I see off hand, without having my controller here with me, between mine and yours is; I'm using a fixed curve instead of expo/dr and the 3 points are 100,0,-100. Will post tomorrow, thanks again!

More
29 Mar 2017 22:02 #60922 by ClittleJ
So Im convinced its not the programming of the switches thats causing this. I tried your model file, copied it right over and still only had 2 AUX channels in Betaflight. So i tried copying just channel 5, 6, and 7 and replacing them in my model file, same result only get Aux1 and 2 in betaflight. So I switched the 2 3way switches to channel 5 and 6 and they work in all 3 positions in betaflight under Aux1 and 2. But then my 2 way switches dont show any data in that setup. Any combination of 2way and 3way switches work in channel 5 and 6 (Aux1 and 2 in betaflight) in all positions. I just cant get more than 6 channels to output at a time in betaflight. This is why I thought it was the receiver only allowing 6 channels through at a time, but I have seen people with different tx's accessing at least 4 AUX channels in betaflight with the same quadcopter and DSM receiver. Im stumped..
Here is my latest model file Iv been playing with, Aux1 is 2way and Aux2 is 3way. I have another 2way switch on channel 7 but it does not show in betaflight. Any help/info is always appreciated, thanks so much for your time.
Chris

File Attachment:

File Name: model8.ini
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:

More
30 Mar 2017 01:58 #60930 by Deal57
I put this ini into the emulator and I can see 7 channels in the Channel Monitor. Channel 5 has two positions, channel 6 has all three, and channel 7 has two values. So i'm thinking the Ini is good.

I presume you've set the Betaflight Ports right, and you're using rxserial and spektrum2048 for receiver mode/provider. You should also have set up your up three aux channels as shown in http://www.propwashed.com/betaflight-configuration-guide/ about 1/2 way down. You should be able to see the outputs in the Receiver tab, too. If that's not happening then for some reason your receiver may be only passing 6 channels... doesn't seem right to me but I don't have any Lemon to work with. If you have assigned AUX3 to a slider you should be getting action!

I wish I could be more help. It looks like your Deviation configuration is good.

More
30 Mar 2017 02:35 #60931 by ClittleJ
Thanks for the info Deal57!
Im at work again so I can't check anything physically tonight, but I found info on the stock rx that's in the quad. It's a "native DSM receiver connected through PPM". I believe the setup in this pic is the stock setup that was on betaflight when I plugged it in, I'll confirm tomorrow. Thanks again!
Attachments:

More
02 Apr 2017 16:20 #61080 by robca
If you want enough channels in Betaflight, you need a DSMx, not DSM2 receiver

I forgot the exact numbers, but when using a DSM2 receiver you can only receive fewer channels than DSMx. If your receiver can be used as a DSM2 and DSMX receiver, bind it as DSMX, not DSM2

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds