Comparing deviationtx to other transmitters......

More
25 Apr 2017 03:26 #61746 by Texacate

mwm wrote: And here's my response:
That tutorial by any chance this one: rc.mired.org/p/writing-deviationtx-model.html

Yep that's the one! Really nice write up!.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2017 03:31 - 25 Apr 2017 03:51 #61747 by Texacate
BTW, I solved having the same FixedID in every model by first using MS Excel to create a list of 30 random numbers between 100000 and 999999, then I booted my transmitter into USB mode, and with a text editor I changed the fixed_id field in every one of my 30 model##.ini files. Not pretty, but it got the job done.

I really like the ability to directly edit the model##.ini files with a computer. Makes it much easier than pressing transmitter buttons for certain types of edits. But for most edits, I still use the GUI.
Last edit: 25 Apr 2017 03:51 by Texacate.

More
25 Apr 2017 07:12 #61752 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Schematics of the transmitter main board
Yes it is better to have this id random by default and not 123456, still the option to type any nr of your choice as it currently is.

But why needs the nr to be random? We can also a follow up sequence, as long as this is only one time per transmitter used, so must be differenent per model per transmitter?

It does not matter if between deviation tx, we have same nr's?

More
26 Apr 2017 05:10 - 03 May 2017 19:43 #61787 by Texacate
Replied by Texacate on topic Schematics of the transmitter main board
I don't know that the number actually needs to be truly random. That would be nice, but probably over-kill.

Edit: (removed stuff on pseudo random number generation)

I think you are correct. The only requirement is a different number in every model##.ini file to avoid accidentally binding with the wrong setup, and crashing a plane/heli/quad... and keeping the ability to select a specific number for folk's who want that, should meet everyone's needs.
Last edit: 03 May 2017 19:43 by Texacate. Reason: got off topic...

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds