Ask for help. Did any one know the problem?

More
23 Apr 2017 08:31 #61699 by David Lau
I did installed a NRF24L01 module and a A7501 module, after upgrade the deviation, it shows "protocol mismatch" "0801ef68" & "0801f780". Can anyone tell me what is the problem ? Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2017 08:47 #61700 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic Ask for help. Did any one know the problem?
Did you also update the filesystem? You need to copy over the new files (make a backup of the old first).

More
23 Apr 2017 12:26 #61703 by David Lau
Replied by David Lau on topic Ask for help. Did any one know the problem?
Yes, I did updated the file system also, but forgot to backup the existing. So what can I do now?

More
23 Apr 2017 22:43 - 23 Apr 2017 22:58 #61713 by Texacate
Replied by Texacate on topic Ask for help. Did any one know the problem?
I got this error message when I attempted to "upgrade" a single protocol.

Meaning; I copied a nightly build to my computer, and then copied just one of the .MOD files in the nightly build's protocol directory, into the protocol directory on my Devo7E which was loaded with the standard 5.0.0 release.

After reading some of the other posts, I realized you can't do this. The main .DFU file, and all the .MOD files are tied together. If one wants the latest protocols, one must also update to the latest firmware. The reverse is true too. If you have updated the firmware, then one must update the protocols.

The .INI files are the most important files to backup when doing an upgrade. ( tx.ini, hardware.ini, and models/model*.ini, template/*.ini, layout/*.ini ). Also if you have loaded any icons onto the transmitter, you'll want to save the modelico folder too.

Do you still have those ?
Last edit: 23 Apr 2017 22:58 by Texacate.

More
24 Apr 2017 09:06 #61723 by David Lau
Replied by David Lau on topic Ask for help. Did any one know the problem?
That means I have update the DFU file also?

More
24 Apr 2017 14:54 - 24 Apr 2017 15:18 #61731 by Texacate
Replied by Texacate on topic Ask for help. Did any one know the problem?
David, It is not clear to me, exactly what changes you have made to your transmitter. It is also not clear whether things were working before you made the changes.

Please describe in detail:
  • What transmitter do you have
  • What version of the firmware is loaded
  • What changes you made
  • What you were trying to achieve by making the changes
Your first post has two bits of information in it:
1) You have added 2 RF modules, and 2) you "upgrade the deviation"

Adding RF modules, and enabling them in the hardware.ini file would not normally cause protocol error message.

I'm not clear what you meant by "upgrade the deviation". Does this mean you edited the hardware.ini file ? Does it mean you loaded new firmware using the Dfuse USB Upgrade tool? Does it mean you copied other files over to your transmitter? If so which files?

I cannot say that updating the firmware will fix your problem, because I don't know what your objective is. Please give us some more information, and we will try to help you achieve your goal.
Last edit: 24 Apr 2017 15:18 by Texacate. Reason: clarity

More
24 Apr 2017 18:31 #61737 by mwm

David Lau wrote: That means I have update the DFU file also?

Yes. Unless you are compiling things yourself, you should always update the dfu (using either the USB installer or the Walkkera DFU tool) and then install the matching protocol mod files to go with it. There are values in the dfu that the protocol files have to know that get determined when the dfu is built.

Yet another reason to do the "ultimate" upgrade (or buy a more expensive transmitter) - the extra memory on these means the protocol files are in the DFU, so you don't ever have to worry about this.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds