Looking for 3D parts designed

More
20 May 2017 22:59 #62461 by magic_marty
Looking for 3D parts designed was created by magic_marty
I noticed in my 12s there is a lot of room inside the tx case up near the rf module behind the "Devention Emblem" and beings i am running the voice alerts i think it would be the perfect place to put a nice sized speaker, perhaps the upgraded taranius speaker for example...So what i am asking is if somebody that has a 3D printer and experience designing 3D parts could design a part that would replace the devention emblem and hold a speaker for the voice alerts ..Or just design a replacement emblem with speaker holes or screen grill to let the sound escape the inside of the transmitter case..And the speaker could be mounted behind the grill and maybe some sort of cardboard or dixie cup tube could be used to help emit the sound to the grill..
This mod could also possible used on other Devo transmitters if enough room exists inside the case..
If anybody wants to undergo this project i will help any way i possible can..
Thanks all..
<Marty>

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2017 01:26 #62463 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Looking for 3D parts designed
I'm a tinkerer, and I've done some 3D printing work using OpenSCAD. But it looks to me that the piece in the 12S is pretty complex, with the curved face and the geometry of the edges, plus I am sure there are elements behind the facade to help keep it in place and such. If you can take that piece out of the transmitter case and shoot it with a 3D scanner, I think it could be copied. There are a few different ways to get 3D scans... you *can* do them with a smartphone, a turntable and the right app, but I'm not sure if the result will be close enough? My concern is that I think Walkera did a pretty nice job on the fit of these emblems, and lower cost 3D scanners and printers may not produce the same quality.

The Devo 12e has a grill for the buzzer already and it works fine for the voice speaker I'm using; the Devo 10/10e seems to have a similar design. The Devo 6/7 case has a little insert similar to, but smaller than, the 12s. So there are probably plenty of people who could benefit.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
23 May 2017 03:03 #62500 by richardclli
Replied by richardclli on topic Looking for 3D parts designed
I can take a try, I think it is possible to work the geometry out using Blender. I do not think it is a good idea to use 3D scanner for this kind of geometry.

More
23 May 2017 04:06 #62501 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Looking for 3D parts designed
That would be great, i have not removed the emblem myself but can see some small screws holding it in place..Not sure if the charge lights are connected to the same plastic that the emblem is made from or perhaps are a separate plate..
Thanks so much for your interest in giving a try ..

More
23 May 2017 04:33 #62502 by Whatsinaname
Replied by Whatsinaname on topic Looking for 3D parts designed
I can lend a hand by printing the test parts in pla and then final it with tpu.

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds