FRSKY compatibility

More
28 May 2017 08:56 #62622 by William
FRSKY compatibility was created by William
Hello, I have questions about FRSKY and devo 7e with deviation and modul 3 in 1. There are three protocols: frsky / frsky-v8 / frskyx , are they compatible with FRSKY ACCST, which one to choose? The FRSKY receivers in général all opérate with at least one of the protocols?

Thank.
William.

William

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 May 2017 20:57 #62663 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic FRSKY compatibility
Any of them? ACCST isn't a a protocol, it's a technology used by at least the FrSky and FrSkyX protocols. Probably v8 as well, but I'm not positive.

Yes, FrSky Rx's all use at least one of the protocols. The V... Rx's use the FrSkyV8 protocol (most of them are V8...). Some of them also do FrSky, but none of them have telemetry.

The FrSky D... Rx's use the FrSky protocol (it was the first one we did, so got the undecorated name). 8 channels, built-in telemetry, and very popular for a while.

The FrSky X... Rx's use the FrSkyX protocol. 16 channels with telemetry, and some of them can do the FrSky protocol but no external telemetry.

If you're picking one, either the D or X, depending on your needs. The D series is probably more reliable (the X code is relatively new) and less expensive, but it's getting hard to find the external telemetry sensors. The X series is the future, and has SBUS support which is preferred for modern flight controllers.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
29 May 2017 05:36 #62669 by William
Replied by William on topic FRSKY compatibility
Hello, one thank you for this precise answer. I have a FRSKY XM + thus I am going to try the bind with frskyx.
William.

William

More
29 May 2017 09:53 #62673 by William
Re: Hello, sorry but I am a beginner and I do not connect to connect my frsky xm + on devo7e, I think it has several settings that I do not master. I understand that values such as Freq-fine / Freq-Course and AD2GAIN must be set. I also saw that the receiver can be standard EU or not, the one I have was updated EU by the person who sold me the receiver that works on a X9d fr more but the devo is it EU or other? Help please, I can not fly for a week the dsm2 of my devo has let me go. Thank you.
William.

William

More
29 May 2017 12:28 #62675 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic FRSKY compatibility
You can change the devo protocol to EU now, I believe.. you may have to use the latest nightly or the "new protocols" build, though.

More
29 May 2017 14:38 #62679 by William
Yes, I think that you are right I has to begin with that, my version is 5.0.0-52c55d7, do you know the good version?

William

More
29 May 2017 15:22 #62680 by Arakon

More
30 May 2017 07:39 - 30 May 2017 07:41 #62695 by William
Hello, I found this folder "devo7e-2017-05-29.zip" but I do not know if I should just change it in usb mode or if I have to install it as a full version? I tried in usb but I got a message of errors at the start of my radio and more access to the frskyX, so I tried the last nightbuild and same message at the start of the radio. In the end I installed version 5.0.0, but more frskyx in the menu. Here I am, it is not far.

William
Last edit: 30 May 2017 07:41 by William.

More
30 May 2017 10:29 #62696 by William
ok, thank for your help, this morning i instal 5.0.0 and protocole FRSKYx now i find the eu mod and the récepteur have other flash light when i try binding. After this step i turn of receiver and when i turn on is not ok for the green light. It's in progress, maybe you have an way?

William

More
30 May 2017 21:54 #62711 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic FRSKY compatibility
You need to set the fine tuning protocol option (same place as the EU option) for the FrSky protocols, or any other CC2500 protocol. Instructions are in the Wiki www.deviationtx.com/wiki/modulelist/cc2500

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
25 Oct 2017 07:37 #65254 by BlackLotus
Replied by BlackLotus on topic FRSKY compatibility
Hello.
I'm new on RC. So, I have a basic question.
I'm using XSR receiver. And I tune Freq-Fine with telemetry LQI strength.
But I didn't touch Freq-Course at all.
Cause there's no mentions about it in User Manual.
So I thought Freq-course tune affects really little bit.
But it seems it's better to tune course(but I didn't know what it means at all :P )

How to notice witch Freq-Course is best? Same as Fine tuning by RSSI & LQI?
In that case witch is first? Set fine or set course?
And is that alter Fine and Course tune? If it is,, it's really hard to tune :(

Thankyou for reading~!

Newbie who using Devo 10

More
26 Oct 2017 00:20 #65277 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic FRSKY compatibility
With an XSR receiver the correct protocol is FrskyX which only has the Freq-Fine adjustment.

I think "Freq-Course" is a misspelling of "coarse", which implies a frequency adjustment with bigger "steps" than the Freq-Fine adjustment. However, as one of the other devs pointed out recently, the register changed by Freq-Course actually changes the base frequency by steps that are 4 times smaller than Freq-Fine. It shouldn't ever need to be any value other than 0.

More
27 Oct 2017 00:49 #65289 by BlackLotus
Replied by BlackLotus on topic FRSKY compatibility
@hexfet
Oh.. Yes you're right.
There's no option Freq-Course in FrskyX protocol.
I have few other drones using Frsky protocol :)
Thankyou, I'll don't mind that option.

Newbie who using Devo 10

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds