Devo10 Export Settings Before Updating Firmware

More
21 Jun 2017 03:51 #63065 by sn8keyz
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a Walkera Furious 320(g) and it came with the Devention Devo10 receiver.

It was suggested that I update the firmware. However, before updating "anything", I wanted to make a backup of the settings already on the DEVO 10 for my furious 320.

I have already downloaded and installed the Dfuse USB Upgrade Tool 2.31.
I connected my devo10 with the USB cable from the TX to my pc; then held the EXT button to put the device in program mode.
The software recognizes the DEVO10. So far, so good.

However, being that I am new to upgrading transmitters, I want to backup the current model files (Furious320) on the transmitter before I do anything.
I saw the word "Format" in the instructions, and want to take every precaution possible.
I read that I am supposed to hold down the ENT button on the TX, then power on. This would put it in USB Mode.
But, it does not. The TX display only goes right to main menu.

Question 1 - If I update the TX's firmware to 5.0, will I lose all of my Model settings for my Drone?
Question 2 - I also read in order for USB mode to work, I need to update the firmware to 5.0?

This seems like a catch-22?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2017 05:04 #63066 by FDR
The USB mode works only in deviation, the stock Walkera devention firmware doesn't have such feature. But you can download your stock model config slots with the DfuSe tool.
However you stock configs won't be overwritten with deviation in case of the DEVO 10, since the firmware doesn't use that particular memory area, so if you would decide to go back to the stock firmware, your models will be there.
Still, that doesn't mean you can use them under deviation, because the format is completely different, so you need to reconfigure your models or download ready to use model configs from this site...

More
21 Jun 2017 06:37 #63068 by sn8keyz
Thx for the quick reply.
OK, so I would have to update the firmware to Deviation in order to have the USB feature. But, if I do I would either need to find the model config for my furious 320 or fully reconfigure it after updating?

Also, I checked the models and I don't see the Walkers Furious 320(G) listed.
I guess I can post a request on walkeraforums to see if someone else has updated to 5 and rebuilt the model.

I guess there is no tool or method to convert from one to the other "easily"?

Thx FDR...

More
21 Jun 2017 10:12 #63073 by FDR

sn8keyz wrote: OK, so I would have to update the firmware to Deviation in order to have the USB feature. But, if I do I would either need to find the model config for my furious 320 or fully reconfigure it after updating?

Yes.

sn8keyz wrote: I guess there is no tool or method to convert from one to the other "easily"?

There is no such tool.

However quad configs are usually quite simple.
Aside from the four basic channels you only need to configure a flight mode switch, configure fail-safe for sure, possibly an arming switch, and DR if you like...

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds