devo 7e bind to master cp helicopter

More
22 Jun 2017 04:24 #63086 by Firebug
devo 7e bind to master cp helicopter was created by Firebug
Hi guys,

Is there anyone on here who can please help me? I just uploaded deviation onto my devo 7e. Its working fine on the simulators for the
quads, However I am now unsure how to bind it to the walkera master cp heli? is anyone able to help please? I'm assuming its going to be something I need to change on the transmitter settings.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2017 06:28 - 22 Jun 2017 06:30 #63088 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic devo 7e bind to master cp helicopter
Manual here www.deviationtx.com/user-manual/user-manual-7e-10
Read it, it's good for you.

Or, look for a .ini file.
Or, in a nutshell, create a model, set protocol to Devo, put heli into bind mode, press the Bind button on the transmitter. Make sure you have a throttle hold switch.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire
Last edit: 22 Jun 2017 06:30 by sbstnp.

More
22 Jun 2017 17:55 #63091 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic devo 7e bind to master cp helicopter
If you've already bound the Master CP to another transmitter (including your 7e running the Walkera firmware), you'll have to clear the bind on the helicopter.

Something like unplugging the aileron or elevator from the control board and powering it on. You'll want to check the Master CP manual (or google - it comes up fairly often) for details.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
23 Jun 2017 05:12 #63096 by Firebug
Replied by Firebug on topic devo 7e bind to master cp helicopter
Thanks for both replies. When I bought the walkera master cp heli it came with the devo 7e. I am still pretty new
to this hobby. I have uploaded deviation firmware on the devo 7e. I have also unplugged the ail and ele and throttle then turned the transmitter and heli on but no lights came on.

On the transmitter is the protocol definitely DEVO? the one to use ? i then hit bind but nothing happens the red light on the heli just keeps flashing quickly as if it doesn't want to bind. I also checked out the links but don't understand a lot of what's on there and couldn't find any info with getting the heli to bind.

Do i need the "ini file" for this heli? or is this just a setting on the transmitter i need to change?
thanks in advance.

More
23 Jun 2017 15:21 #63100 by TomPeer
Replied by TomPeer on topic devo 7e bind to master cp helicopter
You have to use the unbind plug. Plug that in the throttle channel of your receiver. Use an other channel to power your receiver and wait a few seconds. Then unplug the unbind plug and plug everything back where it belongs. Now you can bind this receiver again to your transmitter.
Yes you need to use the Devo protocol.
Good luck.

Tom

More
24 Jun 2017 06:38 #63105 by Firebug
G'day Tom, thanks for the reply mate. Sorry to be a pain, I'm just not exactly sure how to do that because I've never done that before. I have a bind plug but never used it and not sure what to do with it.
When you say use another channel to power the receiver what do you mean?
Thanks again pal.

More
24 Jun 2017 17:58 #63111 by mwm
Right. I keep thinking my Mini CP and the Master CP use similar methods, but they don't. Sorry 'bout that.

Be warned that the Spektrum "bind plug" and the Walkera "bind plug" are not the same thing. They both plug into servo plugs, but they short different lines, and won't work on the other brand of receiver.

The manual is at www.manualslib.com/manual/838199/Walkera-Master-Cp.html#manual , and "receiver bind id cancelling" is on page 13. Looks like just powering it on with the bind plug in the ELEV channel will do it.

More
25 Jun 2017 02:38 #63117 by Firebug
Thanks again for the reply guys,

I have a bind plug that came with the devo 7e and the walkera master cp, it all came together so i can only assume its the right plug.
I did what the manual said and put the bind plug into the ELEV slot on the receiver and got the red light to flash slowly.

I then removed the bind the bind and tried to bind it with the devo 7e but it still wont bind. Everything worked fine before i put deviation onto the TX.

I must be missing a step somewhere but not sure what. on the Transmitter the settings currently are:
Tx power = default
PPM In = None
DEVO - Bind
Fixed ID = 123456
#Channels 6
Mixer GUI = Advanced

as soon as i plug the heli in then click bind the transmitter beeps after the 11secs and nothing happens.

More
25 Jun 2017 08:35 #63123 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic devo 7e bind to master cp helicopter
Clear the Fixed ID field, and try again...

More
25 Jun 2017 19:47 #63130 by mwm
If I understand correctly, the blinking red light means you cleared the fixed ID. I haven't read through the manual to verify that it applies for this Rx, but my Walkera heli's all need to be connected before they can bind. So if you can't control the aircraft, the bind button on the Tx won't do anything.

The aircraft will connect (without binding) to any Devo Tx it sees when it powers on, but the Tx needs to be powered on first. That takes a couple of seconds. I think the Tx Fixed ID setting doesn't matter here. Once the two are connected, you hit the bind button to cause the Rx to record the current Fixed ID so it will only connect with that in the future.

And yeah, it's a pain. Lots of people have issues with getting Walkera's hardware to bind.

More
25 Jun 2017 20:15 #63134 by FDR
It's not that complicated:
First clear the fixed id from both the rx ad tx (yes it matters).
They will auto bind when you turn them on in whatever order, however it is recommended (even by Walkera itself) to turn on the tx first to avoid accidental bind to an other tx. You will have about 10 seconds to turn on the rx. After 10 seconds the auto binding time expires, and they won't bind, so better be quick. ;)

When auto bind is successful, and you can control the model, enter a unique fixed id, and press bind on tx.
From now on you can start them in any order, they will be bound...

More
26 Jun 2017 00:52 #63138 by Firebug
Thanks so much for your help guys, It finally worked by clearing the FIXED ID.
however by doing this the bind option on the TX has dissapeared and now instead of bind it says
RE-init. I was able to get the heli to bind this time though so thanks a lot. I would never have worked that out myself.

The receiver on the heli is supposed to light up solid though once its bound however now it just stays
flashing slow red. Does anyone know why this is?

More
26 Jun 2017 04:18 #63144 by FDR
Without fixed id it is only auto-bound, so the re-init option just initialize the auto-bind phase again, just like when you turn on the tx.
However is you then enter a fixed id, the button will turn into a bind button, and it will bind the model permanently.

I'm not sure about the led though.
It should be steady.
When you connect the battery, place the model on a level surface in order to the receiver could calibrate it's accelerometers.
Otherwise the very slow flashing is fixed id clearing, the slow flashing is the bind phase, the rapid flashing is when there is no tx signal, but slow is somewhat relative... :)

More
26 Jun 2017 05:48 #63146 by Firebug
No worries, thanks again for the help I really appreciate it.
Do you think its worth buying a new receiver to try fix the issue? Ive literaly just rebuilt the whole heli
and replaced the motors and servos and the only thing i haven't replaced is the ESC and receiver.
the heli binds to the transmitter but its not responding to all the left thumb stick movements however it will respond
to the right thumb stick movements so that leads me to think the servos are ok because they aren't twitching or jittery.

It is definitely bound on a flat surface all cables on servos are fine and connected right hence why I think maybe the receiver is dodgy
if i was to buy a new one is there any upgraded or better ones that still work with my devo 7e and deviation firmware?

More
26 Jun 2017 07:46 #63147 by FDR
Your throttle range might be inappropriate for the rx, for example it might think your throttle is not at the minimum when turned on, so it blocks it.
Try to extend the range of the throttle channel with the Scale+ and Scale- values of the channel setup page to say +-125%.
You might need to calibrate the ESC too, which usually happens if you turn on the heli with the max throttle for a few seconds, and lowering to minimum after that. It used to beep when ready.
Always do that without blades!

More
28 Jun 2017 07:28 #63186 by Firebug
I gave what you said a go, it just bound normally and didn't do anything different. for some reason the servos aren't
really reacting or lifting the servo arms up when i use the left thumb stick. Do you think the receiver might have an issue?
because the servo still flashes red slowly even after its bound to TX.

More
30 Jun 2017 06:18 #63217 by Wene001
Replied by Wene001 on topic devo 7e bind to master cp helicopter
Look at the channel monitor if its showing full way travel.
Sticks calibrated after Deviation installation?

More
07 Jul 2017 05:34 #63327 by Firebug
hey mate, I checked the channel monitor and sticks seem to be calibrated correctly however I am still having the same issue where the receiver is still flashing red slowly once bound and the left thumb stick input doesn't seem to be showing any signs of movement on the servos. In saying that as i throttle up the motor still spins and and speeds up accordingly just the servos don't respond to the left thumb stick.

More
07 Jul 2017 12:27 #63334 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic devo 7e bind to master cp helicopter

Firebug wrote: I am still having the same issue where the receiver is still flashing red slowly once bound and the left thumb stick input doesn't seem to be showing any signs of movement on the servos.

Funny. I have a MasterCP receiver lying around which also does only slow red flashing ;)

However I can not test it completely as I have no MasterCP, no ESC, no motors.

I somehow had big hope that with the special brushed Walkera MasterCP ESCs and 1-2 connected motors I could probably fix that slow red LED blinking (to go solid).
No, erasing the FixedID with the bind plug did not help.
I guess it is normal that no normal servo works on those THR and RUDD ports, as you must connect the brushed ESCs (as in my test).

Maybe the MasterCP by the previous owner crashed and the RX is corrupted (as you all have the required electronic stuff to plug into the RX ports)??

More
08 Jul 2017 01:38 #63344 by Firebug
I bought it all new but didn't fly it for a while then when i went to bind it that's when it started to still flash red slowly. I have rebuilt the whole thing except the receiver and flight controller. I might just buy a new receiver and see if that fixes it. If you can crash at low altitude will that still stuff the RX?

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds