Walkera RX-SBUS receiver

More
29 Jun 2017 04:15 #63202 by vlad_vy
Walkera RX-SBUS receiver was created by vlad_vy
Good news, Walkera released SBUS + PPM receiver. Bad news, it looks like it has not telemetry suppot.

www.helipal.com/index.php?cPath=635_640&sort=5a&page=2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jul 2017 05:19 #63278 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Walkera RX-SBUS receiver
Nice and not to bad on the wallet...Would of been a tremendous hit for them if they would have added telemetry support..:(
A lot of others out there near the same $ or less that does do telemetry..Looks like the plug on the board could have more then 3 pins so perhaps a future release will have telemetry..

More
04 Jul 2017 18:08 #63286 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Walkera RX-SBUS receiver
Is it true Walkera not using a hopping (FHSS) transmission scheme, therefore not as robust/reliable? lets say like DSM instead of DSMX?

More
07 Jul 2017 12:19 #63333 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Walkera RX-SBUS receiver
AFAIK the Walkera DEVO protocol is a 3 channel DSSS protocol.
This is not true hopping FHSS like DSMx is.

IMHO and AFAIU it is therefore not allowed according to ETSI 300 328 V1.8.1 (2015) to use 100mw as output power (like Spektrum with DSM2 before ETSI 1.8.1) with the DEVO protocol.

Walkera Devo transmitters e.g as sold by the German company XciteRC seem to be locked to the EU firmware (A?) which uses 10mw instead of 100mw.

• F3fo
  • DEVO 10 Deviation Nightly
More
10 Jul 2017 20:34 #63383 by F3fo
Replied by F3fo on topic Walkera RX-SBUS receiver
Hi,

I saw the description of the walkera RX-SBUS receiver, and it claims up to 12 channels.
If I use it with a DEVO 10 with deviation, connect with S-BUS to the flight controller, how many channels will I be able to use?

Regards

More
11 Jul 2017 03:28 #63386 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Walkera RX-SBUS receiver
All transmitter channels, up to 12.

More
30 Aug 2017 14:05 #64032 by wasistdas
Replied by wasistdas on topic Walkera RX-SBUS receiver
Anyone tried to replace 703/705 with this RX-SBUS? Any improvements? What about connection? With 703 if you loose the connection you cannot reinstate it? What about RX-SBUS?

More
31 Aug 2017 04:01 #64054 by vlad_vy
Any Devo Rx restore connection instantly if you use Fixed ID.

More
15 Sep 2017 00:25 #64416 by wasistdas
1. How to use FIxed ID with my Devo F7 and 703 RX?
2. I god RX-SBUS but I cannot understand how to connect it to Devo-M

Thank you.

More
15 Sep 2017 04:34 #64419 by vlad_vy
Bind receiver, then set arbitrary Fixed ID at transmitter and press "Bind" button.

You need connect RX-SBUS "PPM" connector to "Data Bus" of Devo-M.

More
21 Sep 2017 07:21 #64557 by wasistdas
DEVO-M cannot work with SBUS?

More
22 Sep 2017 06:39 #64583 by vlad_vy
Walkera RX-SBUS manual

File Attachment:

File Name: walkera-rx...nual.pdf
File Size:1,974 KB
Attachments:

More
15 Nov 2017 17:44 #65856 by Hypnotoad
Replied by Hypnotoad on topic Walkera RX-SBUS receiver
I have been using a bunch of these with my Devo 7. They work pretty good. The ones with the red case have longer antennas for some reason. I am not sure if I am getting 12 channels. Im getting the sticks plus 3 switches. When adding each switch position and stick position, I get exactly 12 channels. Does a 3-way switch counts as 3 channels? Doesnt sound right, but my Devo 7 only lets me activate 3 switches. Is there a way to activate all switches?
Otherwise, this receiver works great. I am very happy with it.
As far as telemetry, the receiver does have 4 wires coming out of it. (5v, Ground, Sbus, and PPM) Since you only use one of the protocols, is there a way to get telemetry from the "extra" wire? If you use Sbus, is there a way to get telemetry from the ppm? Let us know if anybody has found a way to get telemetry.

More
19 Nov 2017 00:49 #65979 by Drayson76
Replied by Drayson76 on topic Walkera RX-SBUS receiver
Do you have t OK update the Devo Radio ft firmware in order to bind to the new Rx-sbus transmitters. Hardshell and no shell antennas are same length? Hardshell just has heat shrink which extends past antenna.

More
19 Nov 2017 15:52 #65991 by Hypnotoad
Replied by Hypnotoad on topic Walkera RX-SBUS receiver
The antennas are definately different lengths. Its not really an issue, just a little bit odd. I did not update my Devo 7 firmware. You can bind easily using the Fixed ID menu option. Once you are bound, just save the model and turn off the Fixed ID. I didnt even look into changing my firmware because I have 4 receivers configured and my switches set up how I like them. The transmitter works great with these receivers, so I would rather not take a chance messing it up.
However, I do plan on getting a QX7 someday, (blasphemy on this forum?) but Im in no hurry because I am happy with the RX Sbus.

More
12 Feb 2018 03:22 #67467 by Drayson76
Replied by Drayson76 on topic Walkera RX-SBUS receiver
Okay I left this cause said hell with it and have handfull of rx-sbus's and an F7 radio that has collected dust as I used Frsky QX7 instead, at least their manuals helpful.

The automatic binding process, radio is on, theres no menu to go thru to start process some option to highllight and enter y/n. Manual says nothing on the matter Chinese must be clarevoyent so such communication is redundant. So radio on the power up rx and what should happen cause this also is not covered in manuals, a light flash , change color, play a dingle what, cause something has to notify you so can go thru the fixed ID process which low and behold that chapter must have been written by a North American or European cause shes very clear and pictures match radios. Wow. Any light to shed as want to use the F7 going to need second radio in Spring to teach nephews how to fly.

More
25 Feb 2018 23:26 #67771 by Schugy
Replied by Schugy on topic Walkera RX-SBUS receiver
There is nothing like y/n and beeps in Deviation. Only the original FW asks you, whether you want to set the fixed ID.
For Deviation: If you are connected with a random ID [(re)-init] you can either confirm the ID again with the bind button or you can change the ID to a desired number and confirm it afterwards by pressing bind. Bind means to set a fixed ID. That's all.
My F7 just f***** up its devo.fs. Have to correct it tomorrow.

More
13 Jul 2019 09:18 - 13 Jul 2019 09:19 #74742 by yoodog
Replied by yoodog on topic Walkera RX-SBUS receiver
Hey,
Any idea how to get RSSI to show up in Omnibus Betaflight 4.x.x OSD ? I have Devo 8s + this RX-SBUS + Omnibus f7v2 FC.
Last edit: 13 Jul 2019 09:19 by yoodog.

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds