Devo 10 gimbal sticking

More
21 Jul 2017 00:09 - 21 Jul 2017 00:11 #63535 by Fallingwater
Devo 10 gimbal sticking was created by Fallingwater
I could describe what's happening, but this video of someone else's 7E will explain it better than I can with words: the transmitter's different but the problem is exactly the same. The other gimbal works fine.

I believe in fixing stuff myself so I'm not about to get new gimbals (not sure where I'd order them anyway), but I'd like a few pointers from someone who's been there already. Do I just spray some lubricant in there and hope for the best? Do I blast it with some compressed air beforehand?

Or should I disassemble the whole gimbal and clean+lubricate each part on its own? I'd rather avoid the fiddly disassembly and (more importantly) reassembly process because I already know that all the little bits and springs that can jump out of their places will jump out of their places, but I will go there if it's the only way.
Last edit: 21 Jul 2017 00:11 by Fallingwater.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2017 05:30 - 21 Jul 2017 05:31 #63540 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Devo 10 gimbal sticking
First, try to relax the mount bar (slightly unscrew mounting screws) for corresponding pots. Devo pots don't like tight mounting, it greatly increase output shaft friction.
If it doesn't help, check bearings, clean and lubricate if needed. I meet with gritty bearings even with brand new transmitter.
Last edit: 21 Jul 2017 05:31 by vlad_vy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.028 seconds