Devo 7e Gimbal Saver

More
21 Jul 2017 00:55 - 21 Jul 2017 00:56 #63536 by Chimera
Devo 7e Gimbal Saver was created by Chimera
I couldn't find a 7e gimbal saver I liked, so I designed and printed my own including the 7E logo from the box - what do you guys think? Thoughts/comments?

www.thingiverse.com/thing:2445016
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Jul 2017 00:56 by Chimera.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2017 06:47 #63542 by Whatsinaname
Replied by Whatsinaname on topic Devo 7e Gimbal Saver
I like that design. Instead tracking two covers it's a single bridge. Can you do one for a taranis qx7? I'm doing some work on my hot ends but I'm gonna print a set of these in petg when I am done.

More
21 Jul 2017 09:35 #63543 by Chimera
Replied by Chimera on topic Devo 7e Gimbal Saver
Someone modified the Rotor Riot one to fit the QX7 - www.thingiverse.com/thing:2111812

I need to pick up some PETG, all of my prints so far have been PLA but it's a little fragile for quad parts.

More
21 Jul 2017 12:46 #63544 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Devo 7e Gimbal Saver
I think the idea is very nice, but I think it would even be better if the full stick is under the protection cover currently the stick ends come out.
When trow the Tx in a bag, something push towards the stick end, still the gimbal mechanics is stressed, could be damaged easily.

And maybe there could be at the side, connecting point etc, so we can put a rubber band strap etc to have it stay in place! Similar to goggles on your head, Goggles for your TX.

More
21 Jul 2017 13:12 #63546 by Chimera
I agree that the full stick should be covered and my next revision already has that taken care of :) I left it open on top to allow for really long sticks but overall the cover is taller. I love the idea of adding something to allow a rubber band, I'll see if I can work on that today. Any other ideas? Each print takes me around 90 minutes so I try not to run real prototypes too often.

More
21 Jul 2017 14:29 #63547 by Chimera
What about something like this? I need to make the rubber band attachments quite thick to avoid them snapping off -
Attachments:

More
22 Jul 2017 02:43 #63551 by Chimera
Love your ideas to make this better, came out really well.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds