Load next model on switch?

More
04 Oct 2017 18:28 #64821 by Chimera
Load next model on switch? was created by Chimera
Is there any way to configure Deviation to cycle through the model list on a switch? Say for example the Hold switch (2 position), if I'm on Model 1 and I flick the switch down it loads Model 2, switch up loads Model 3, down again loads model 4 etc? If not can you switch between 2 models using a switch? I'm often switching between my 2 micros and it'd be easier than the 10 button presses it takes now to switch.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2017 17:20 - 05 Oct 2017 17:45 #64849 by Wene001
Replied by Wene001 on topic Load next model on switch?
could it be a good idea to have access to the model selection with long press enter(my Spektrum DX8 does it this way, and its very handy) ?
in my case i would like this option to restart autobinding if i select the same model again.
Would be fine to not powercycle the transmitter every 4 Minutes because replacing battery at my micro quads.
Last edit: 05 Oct 2017 17:45 by Wene001.

More
05 Oct 2017 18:01 #64850 by Chimera
Replied by Chimera on topic Load next model on switch?
I like this idea as long as long-press on exit backs out of all of the menus immediately to the flight screen. Would drop the number of presses from 10+ to ~4 to switch between adjacent models.

More
05 Oct 2017 18:38 #64852 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Load next model on switch?
Well, you can use quick pages for that....a quick forum search revealed this old post .

More
05 Oct 2017 19:22 #64853 by Chimera
I forgot quick pages was a thing! I think I've accidentally used it once, will give it a try tonight for this purpose.

More
05 Oct 2017 23:00 #64856 by Chimera
Well that works amazingly well, 4 clicks to switch models. Thanks!

More
06 Oct 2017 06:48 #64864 by Wene001
tested with my 12s
its not so comfortable
Best would be to add the "load models" page to the quickpages selection list.

More
06 Oct 2017 10:37 #64867 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Load next model on switch?
With Devo12s you can touch model name on the header to get "Load Model" page.

More
06 Oct 2017 11:08 #64868 by Wene001
Would be fine to have the option via Buttons, too. My fingers are pretty big, and pull the stylus for one click is overkill :-)

More
06 Oct 2017 13:22 #64871 by Chimera

Wene001 wrote: Best would be to add the "load models" page to the quickpages selection list.

I've never done development on a platform like this but it seems like adding another option to the quickpages list shouldn't be too hard? Anyone want to point me in the right direction of what C files to look at? I'm willing to have a crack at it!

More
06 Oct 2017 13:54 #64872 by Moeder

Chimera wrote: I've never done development on a platform like this but it seems like adding another option to the quickpages list shouldn't be too hard? Anyone want to point me in the right direction of what C files to look at? I'm willing to have a crack at it!

While looking into the code I noticed that ENT long pressed is not used yet, so why not use this to get into load model dialog? _action_cb() seems like a good place to start looking ...

More
06 Oct 2017 14:55 #64875 by Chimera
It doesn't even really need to be an unused button, I just need to be able to add the "model load" page as a selectable option in the quickpage selector then it can be assigned to any of the "Menu 1-4" options in the main page config.

More
06 Oct 2017 16:45 - 06 Oct 2017 16:49 #64881 by Wene001

Moeder wrote: While looking into the code I noticed that ENT long pressed is not used yet, so why not use this to get into load model dialog? _action_cb() seems like a good place to start looking ...

For me this would be the preferred way to go.
ENT(long) would be available on all models...Quick page must be configured @ every modelfile, and can be used for other features
And loading the same model again please do (re)autobind
Last edit: 06 Oct 2017 16:49 by Wene001.

More
07 Oct 2017 07:30 - 07 Oct 2017 07:32 #64888 by vlad_vy
ENT long press is not possible for 128x64 GUI main page since it use BUTTON_PRESS, it will always call Menu with any ENT press. For 320x240 GUI it possible since it use BUTTON_RELEASE.
Last edit: 07 Oct 2017 07:32 by vlad_vy.

More
07 Oct 2017 07:55 #64889 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Load next model on switch?

Wene001 wrote:

Moeder wrote: While looking into the code I noticed that ENT long pressed is not used yet, so why not use this to get into load model dialog? _action_cb() seems like a good place to start looking ...

For me this would be the preferred way to go.
ENT(long) would be available on all models...Quick page must be configured @ every modelfile, and can be used for other features
And loading the same model again please do (re)autobind

Couldn't you just edit the default model.ini file to include the Quick page settings?

More
07 Oct 2017 08:33 - 07 Oct 2017 08:39 #64890 by vlad_vy
What Qiuck page settings? Model Load page? It is not the member of quick pages list. Only menu items visible at quick pages list. Moreover, we can't add Model Load to quick pages since we can't pass parameter LOAD_MODEL to PAGE_LoadSaveInit(int page).
Last edit: 07 Oct 2017 08:39 by vlad_vy.

More
07 Oct 2017 08:42 #64891 by Moeder

vlad_vy wrote: ENT long press is not possible for 128x64 GUI main page since it use BUTTON_PRESS, it will always call Menu with any ENT press. For 320x240 GUI it possible since it use BUTTON_RELEASE.

True, I honestly didn't dig to deep in the code ;) Still thus seems like an interesting feature to implement ;)

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds