What is the process to contribute documentation?

More
15 Oct 2017 15:25 #65071 by MikeNH
After finding the virtual switch functionality very beneficial, I've written a help article that may help others. It is in the "Playground" at:

www.deviationtx.com/wiki/playground/playground

titled "Adding 3 position virtual switch to Devo 7e"

What is the process to submit the article to review its accuracy before adding to the publicly view-able documents?

It seems to me the best place to put this article would be in Programming guides => How-tos, but I don't see any way to create a new document. There appears to be only the ability to edit the existing Sticky throttle hold document.

So, 2 questions:
1 - What is the new document review process?
2 - How do I create a new How To document?
(This could be the next How To contribution)

Thanks,
Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2017 16:56 #65072 by FDR

More
15 Oct 2017 20:50 #65083 by mwm
The review process for the wiki is to create the page and announce it in the forums. The beauty of the wiki is that anyone can fix things, and we have a history to catch and correct bad changes.

I believe your instructions will work for all versions of deviation past 4.1 or so, as opposed to that nightly version number. Listing a nightly version number is sort of pointless, as we only keep the last three around. So before very long, people who aren't using the one you listed won't be able to download it anyway. I didn't change it, as I wasn't sure of the best wording.

Nice work. Thanks.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
16 Oct 2017 00:15 #65087 by MikeNH
Per your advice I made a note that virtual switches can be created for all current versions of Deviation. I put the version in because things may change and it would be a frame of reference.

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds