USBHID and windows 10

More
03 Nov 2017 22:05 #65475 by Rand__
USBHID and windows 10 was created by Rand__
Hi,
haven't been here in a long time, glad to see things are still kicking:)

Thinking about getting back in the flying business and wanted to pass the time with a little simulator time.
Unfortunately my old Flightsim Controller will not work with newer OS's any more, so I was looking at either getting a new Sim/Controller or to use another method.
I remembered that I had tried using USBHID a while back and never could get it to work properly; so i thought I'd give a try again.

Tried a Win8 box with my Devo's (7e/12s) and that seems to work - unfortunately my gaming box is on 10 already for DirectX12 support.
Neither of the two was working there - the 7e was found but sticks won't move, the 12s locks up the box after I installed dFuse to try to fix up the driver.
I can of course reinstall Win8 there but would love to save the time and just get it going.

So has anyone used USBHID with Win10 successfully? Anything that needs to be done specifically? Or any other ideas?

Thanks,
regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2017 23:37 #65478 by Eternalmotion
Replied by Eternalmotion on topic USBHID and windows 10
Does 7e have trainer port mono audio jack port(dsc)? If so I use smart propo on f12e and configure in game controllers on win10 to use as controller(with mono cable). Only did this without deviation installed though I think you can if you set up outputs. Sorry if this isn't helpful, Im still a Noob

More
04 Nov 2017 01:44 #65482 by TherealjonnyD
Replied by TherealjonnyD on topic USBHID and windows 10

Rand__ wrote:
So has anyone used USBHID with Win10 successfully? Anything that needs to be done specifically? Or any other ideas?

Thanks,
regards

I use it on Win10 x64 with my T8SG. I haven't figured out why, but it doesn't seem to work with any of my sims aside from Velocidrone. It shows up fine in windows as a gamepad and it calibrates just fine in control panel, though.

More
04 Nov 2017 08:53 - 04 Nov 2017 08:55 #65491 by Rand__
Replied by Rand__ on topic USBHID and windows 10

Eternalmotion wrote: Does 7e have trainer port mono audio jack port(dsc)? If so I use smart propo on f12e and configure in game controllers on win10 to use as controller(with mono cable).

Tried smart propo and it won't work in my rather special setup (using a thin client and remote workstation card - should work fine with USB but has issues with routing that audio input)

TherealjonnyD wrote: I use it on Win10 x64 with my T8SG. I haven't figured out why, but it doesn't seem to work with any of my sims aside from Velocidrone. It shows up fine in windows as a gamepad and it calibrates just fine in control panel, though.

Hm ok, and I assume you didnt do anything special? Are you on 5.0.0 or a nightly?
Last edit: 04 Nov 2017 08:55 by Rand__.

More
04 Nov 2017 21:50 #65520 by TherealjonnyD
Replied by TherealjonnyD on topic USBHID and windows 10

Rand__ wrote: Hm ok, and I assume you didnt do anything special? Are you on 5.0.0 or a nightly?

It's the 10/27 release specifically for the Jumper, but the FW that came on it worked fine as well. I was just using it with DRL simulator earlier today, it works great. All I did was setup a model slot with USBHID as the protocol and plugged the USB cable in. It didn't pop up until I power cycled the transmitter, but it comes up as "Deviation Gamepad".

More
05 Nov 2017 22:44 #65559 by Whatsinaname
Replied by Whatsinaname on topic USBHID and windows 10
I use a devo7e on the stable 5.0 build. Windows 10 machine and velocidrone. I did nothing special except to create a new model with the usbhid protocol and hooked it up via the usb port.

No issues.

More
06 Nov 2017 06:42 #65567 by Rand__
Replied by Rand__ on topic USBHID and windows 10
So I hooked up the TX directly to my box and it gets seen and moves.
Seems to be an issue with my special setup after all :/

Thanks guys

More
22 Sep 2019 08:42 #75137 by yaman
Replied by yaman on topic USBHID and windows 10
After a few updates my Windows did, my deviation game pad is not corectly detected as a game controller, but as a general device or somethink like that i gues. (USBHID) Therefore my Fly simulators could not found any connected game controller to work with.

few months ago went it correctly but now does it not work anymore.

More
27 Sep 2019 22:19 #75155 by spilner
Replied by spilner on topic USBHID and windows 10
Hello my dear friend, I have the some problem as you, have you solved this?

More
28 Sep 2019 07:28 - 28 Sep 2019 07:29 #75156 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic USBHID and windows 10

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 28 Sep 2019 07:29 by aMax.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds