R6GF on S-FHSS Servo Throw Issue

More
04 Nov 2017 12:40 #65496 by Poldi
R6GF on S-FHSS Servo Throw Issue was created by Poldi
Hello Folks,

I have an odd issue with a heli set-up using a Align R6GF receiver on a Align GPRO FBL unit. Was not able to scale enough servo throw to fit the GPRO settings, that thing requests to fit channel scaling in a way that the received signal matches +-100% travel when checking with the GPRO programming software. My signal is stuck at a max width from -89% to +98% in the GPRO, it would require a 120% scale or so.

When I change the receiver, e.g.DSMX satellite I am able to scale up the throw to fit 100% in the GPRO.
Checking a servo directly plugged into the R6GF shows that the servo will just so reach a 100% throw to either side and not travel farther what ever scale I program. Scaling to smaller than 100% works fine. Problem gone when using another reciever/protocol.

Why would the R6GF on S-FHSS not accept scaling larger than 100%?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2017 12:55 - 04 Nov 2017 12:57 #65497 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic R6GF on S-FHSS Servo Throw Issue
I think there is the error at S-FHSS protocol. What Tx and firmware version do you use? I will try to build test build with corrected servo throw.

Second question: do you have all six channel working?
Last edit: 04 Nov 2017 12:57 by vlad_vy.

More
04 Nov 2017 14:15 #65500 by Poldi
Replied by Poldi on topic R6GF on S-FHSS Servo Throw Issue
Hello Vlad,

thanks for taking care.
I am on 5.0.0, TX is Devo8s, I am using all six channels and as far as I can see all channels would behave the same.

More
04 Nov 2017 14:27 - 11 Nov 2017 10:18 #65501 by vlad_vy
What v5.0.0 ? Official v5.0.0 release or Nightly Builds or "v5.0.0 build with latest protocols"?
www.deviationtx.com/forum/builds/6407-de...ith-latest-protocols

I can build "v5.0.0 build with latest protocols", it will work for v5.0.0 without any filesystem changes.

File deleted...
Last edit: 11 Nov 2017 10:18 by vlad_vy.

More
04 Nov 2017 17:09 #65506 by Poldi
It obviously seems I was not specific enough:
The official v5.0.0, no bells and whistles.

I recon the file attached is based on the official v5.0.0 and has a fix for the scaling?

More
04 Nov 2017 17:23 - 04 Nov 2017 17:30 #65507 by vlad_vy
Yes, you can use it without problems. Moreover it has fixes useful for devo8 and fresh protocols.

Report if it help for your problem.
Last edit: 04 Nov 2017 17:30 by vlad_vy.

More
04 Nov 2017 17:27 #65509 by Poldi
Vlad, You Are Magnificent!

I'd like to try it instantly, but my wife would freak out...
Need to wait till tomorrow.

Thank you very much!

More
05 Nov 2017 12:10 #65548 by vlad_vy
Poldi, can you report about result with servo throw? I havn't S-FHSS receiver and can't test it.

More
06 Nov 2017 01:41 #65563 by Ryou
Replied by Ryou on topic R6GF on S-FHSS Servo Throw Issue
It would be nice if you contributed to the previous posting.
www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...ow-servo-range#58610

More
06 Nov 2017 21:23 #65588 by Poldi
Hello folks,

sorry for not coming back yesterday. My plan was to use a nice rainy Sunday to fix my TX and set up my heli and may be have a test hover between two rain showers.

It all fell to shards when I couldn't connect my TX to the PC, again. I had that each and every time when updating my Deviation installation. Lots of messing around with drivers, re-installing and trials all over, until, without understanding any reasons, the PC suddenly will recognize the USB connection to the TX. At least, yesterday, I understood how to tell Win10 what driver to use with the unknown device. However, I keep getting a device descriptor error preventing the connection.
I found a thread where a Devo10 had the same behavior and PhracturedBlue suggested a connector issue. He identified an element that he called balun on the board that he suggested to jumper (referring to his own Devo8) or fit a new USB connector omitting it. That fixed it for the Devo10. Since I do not trust my USB connection I wanted to try that, however, it was too late in the day and I ended up my Devo disassembled, a USB connector makeshift soldered to the board but not yet working and no time left to debug.

I was frustrated almost to death yesterday. And I won't be able to fix it until next weekend because I'm lacking the time.

@Ryou: I read through the thread, however, much of what is discussed is beyond my abilities to understand and work the protocols. Of course I will post as soon as I get my TX connected again.

Cheers and thanks for your help!

More
11 Nov 2017 14:44 #65750 by Poldi
Hello Gents,

I'm back. For the records: It seems I could fix my TX. I intended to solder a separate USB connector because I did not trust the installed one. I was not able to get that working I could not really find out why, In between I tried the installed connector to test if I still have the same behavior there while the makeshift installation still was dead. All of a sudden, the regular port startet working again. Though I did not like to fall back to the unsafe old connector, I decided that I need to get on and first wanted to backup my file system.
The connection failed again while copying the files. Since my alternate USB did not work I took the other option and kept the regular connector, now jumpering that thing on the data lines like PhracturedBlue suggested. I didn't like that because I didn't trust the connector and I wanted to avoid soldering to the tiny structures on the board. But ... it worked.

So after having lost hours and hours of my lifetime to that problem in the past I hope that this fix persists.

Back to the scaling issue: I installed your update. However, no change in the servo behavior. Still no scaling beyond 100%.

More
11 Nov 2017 15:17 - 11 Nov 2017 15:18 #65752 by vlad_vy
Latest update (11.11.2017)? I'm accidentally release that build with untested S-FHSS fix. All previous builds havn't that fix.
www.deviationtx.com/forum/builds/6407-de...cols?start=240#65743
Last edit: 11 Nov 2017 15:18 by vlad_vy.

More
11 Nov 2017 16:03 #65753 by Poldi
Hello Vlad,

just tried the 11.11.2017 build. No difference to the previous version.

More
11 Nov 2017 16:31 - 11 Nov 2017 17:23 #65754 by vlad_vy
I think I found my error. Probably it will work up to 150%. One more try

File deleted...
Last edit: 11 Nov 2017 17:23 by vlad_vy.

More
11 Nov 2017 17:02 #65756 by Poldi
Hello Vlad,

this looks excellent! I am runnig up to 150%, full throw available now!

Thank you and regards,
Poldi

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds