Devo7e rudder randomly has lag/quad reacts delayed

More
13 Dec 2017 12:16 - 13 Dec 2017 12:18 #66478 by silverAG
I have Devo 7e with additional modules and Deviation firmware 5.0.0, and I noticed that sometimes rudder control has a lag.

Problem manifests like quad have late reaction to my rudder input - I push rudder stick left or right and quad reacts after maybe half of second (sometimes more). It hapens randomly and mostly on left rudder (less on right rudder - when it starts to happen on left rudder, right rudder is not always affected - but sometimes is). I can't find any combinations of factors that might trigger it so I can't reproduce problem when I want to investigate it more. But when this happens it happens for several rudder moves and then somehow problem dissapear on its own. I manage to check channel output and values during one of these situations, and values there are OK - they are changed instantly when I move stick but quad reacts like it "catch" it with an almost a second of delay. Throttle on the same rudder/throttle stick is fine, and other stick is also fine - all other moves are OK and no lag/delay in quad reaction to it. Only rudder moves produce problem (as I said, mostly left rotation direction).

I excluded bad reception on quad as a reason because all other controls are fine and it happens even when quad is next to me (happens even on take-off). Also, it occurs no matter if I have EXPO and/or deadzone set or not - it happens even on 1-to-1 curve.

Also, I noticed that on all my quads silverised (BWHOOP B03standard and pro, H101) or stock (H8mini, E010) - so it must be something with Devo or multimodule inside.

And ideas what might be and how to fix it?
Last edit: 13 Dec 2017 12:18 by silverAG.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2017 12:32 - 13 Dec 2017 12:32 #66480 by silverAG
Somebody just replied with tip to check connection on rudder pot - and now that post is deleted!?

Does this mean that that is not solution? Also, channel monitor will still show correctly changed values even if problem is in a connection?

I can check wires and connections later and see is maybe something there. It is hard to diagnose and fix anything when I can't produce problem when I want :(
Last edit: 13 Dec 2017 12:32 by silverAG.

More
13 Dec 2017 12:36 #66482 by vlad_vy
If channel monitor never show the problem, it's unlikely pot connection problem.

More
13 Dec 2017 12:41 - 13 Dec 2017 12:42 #66483 by silverAG
OK. I thought that too.
Any ideas what might be? Maybe multimodule is faulty somehow?
Last edit: 13 Dec 2017 12:42 by silverAG.

More
13 Dec 2017 12:47 #66484 by vlad_vy
No, it's impossible, it will influence to all channels.

More
13 Dec 2017 13:12 #66485 by silverAG
Very strange. Could be that I might not see delay in channel monitor? Hm. I will definitelly open it and check wiring and pots... There is no other explanation.

More
13 Dec 2017 13:42 - 13 Dec 2017 13:44 #66486 by MikefromGermany
Replied by MikefromGermany on topic Devo7e rudder randomly has lag/quad reacts delayed
If channel monitor doesn't show the lag, there is nothing wrong with the wiring.

I did experience often enough the same issue on Deviation HiSky protocol with my fleet of FF120.
Rebind sometimes did help for me then. Couldn't find out what was the reason, only interesting thing was: 4 of 6 identical quads showed the issue. The other two never.

Using the OEM Hisky HT8 adapter, any of the "defective" quads would work flawlessly, too. Even if the HT8 was connected to a deviated 7e.

So I'd assume any minor protocol hiccup. Or minor firmware change/fault on the quad's FC..
Last edit: 13 Dec 2017 13:44 by MikefromGermany.

More
13 Dec 2017 14:41 #66487 by silverAG
In my case, when problem occurs, usually it dissapear after 5-6 rudder moves (it is enough to move stick in problematic direction 5-6-7 times and problem usually goes away). But sometimes only re-bind helps, sometimes landing and take-off helps.... Also, I never know when it will happen - it can happen during flying, after landing, immediatelly on take-off...

Very strange. Especially because problem is only on rudder...

In my case, I am using only Bayang (for all quads with silverware) and MJXQ (for Eachine E010) protocols and it happens on both.

More
13 Dec 2017 17:45 #66488 by MikefromGermany
Replied by MikefromGermany on topic Devo7e rudder randomly has lag/quad reacts delayed
Still - DOES the channel monitor show this lag?

More
14 Dec 2017 09:03 - 14 Dec 2017 09:04 #66497 by silverAG
Because problem happens randomly and dissapears usually after few stick moves, it was hard to check but I managed 1-2 times to check channel monitor during problem (for one time I was 100% sure) and numbers were fine and displayed immediatelly, while quad spinned with a delay.

But I really try to check more now to be 100% sure because now I start to suspect my judgements :( ...

Also, yesterday I had 5 flights with 2 quads and without any problems, while 2 days before, during 2 flights I had problem 3 times on the same 2 quads... :(
Last edit: 14 Dec 2017 09:04 by silverAG.

More
14 Dec 2017 09:10 - 14 Dec 2017 10:46 #66498 by MikefromGermany
What power output you have set?
Maybe swamping the transmission by any chance?

Most probably the issue is at SilverXXX firmware you have on the affected quads.
Last edit: 14 Dec 2017 10:46 by MikefromGermany.

More
14 Dec 2017 11:08 #66499 by silverAG
I also suspected on power output but it happened with 30mw (I used before) and also with 150mw (I'm using lately) - with both power output values I have this problem from time to time.

And I also thought it might be something in silverware - but this happens even with stock FW on Eachine E010 and original Bayangtoys X9 quads (where I actually first noticed this).

Pretty strange...

Now I'm thinking - the only thing I did not consider is battery level at Devo. Hm. Last time I had problem was when batteries in Devo were drained (3 days ago, as I mentioned). I charged it yesterday before I had those non-problematic 5 flights and maybe that is why I did not have problems... Maybe this hapens only when voltage in Devo drops?
I will test this more - now it is charged and I'll see how it behaves and when problem occurs again, I'll check Devo battery voltage... But, whatever reason is, it is really strange that only rudder is affected...

More
14 Dec 2017 12:28 #66500 by yets
May I ask but is this indoor flight? It sounds stupid but is it your wifi? There may be some interference? Try switching your wifi off and test.

More
14 Dec 2017 13:15 - 14 Dec 2017 13:24 #66502 by silverAG
I fly mostly indoor. Outside I did not have too much flights to be sure (because this happens randomly and not too often, maybe these few times outside I was lucky not to have problem :) )

But when it happens, it happens in all rooms in my house - even where WiFi signal from my router is very weak (EDIT - even when I am standing with Devo in rooms far from router and quad is also far away where WiFi signal from router is weak)

But this is good idea! I will definitelly try to turn router off next time when problem occurs and see will that solve it instead moving sticks or re-binding.
Last edit: 14 Dec 2017 13:24 by silverAG.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds