TS8G Jumper won't bind to anything Spektrum!

More
16 Feb 2018 15:11 #67532 by Nobby
Hi there! :)

I'm new to Deviation and thought I'd come here for a little advice.
My Jumper radio won't seem to bind at all to anything remotely resembling Spektrum. I've tried everything now but I'm at a loss as to what may be the problem
I have a feeling that somehow the file system may have been damaged but all the other receivers I have (FRSky, Flysky?, ect) and the Symas and JD509 are fine.
Any thoughts and advice would be much appreciated.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2018 18:09 #67560 by Brett_N
Replied by Brett_N on topic TS8G Jumper won't bind to anything Spektrum!
Which spektrum recievers? Was it working before?

I've found this to work (although I'm fighting with a HBZ Carbon Cub at the moment)

Turn on TX
Put Bind Plug in RX
Put TX In Bind mode
Power up RX and give it a couple seconds
Power down RX and take out bind plug
Power down TX, then power it back up
Power up RX and you should be good to go.

More
18 Feb 2018 21:40 #67571 by Nobby
Thanks for the suggestion but no:( ...that doesn't seem to work either I'm afraid!

It's not like I don't have a Spektrum radio (DX7s)but it would be nice to have the option to hook up to all my Spek receivers. Binds up to my FrSky and Turnigy /Flysky Receivers no problem. Baffled! :unsure:

More
19 Feb 2018 01:23 #67574 by hexfet
The dsm protocols use a different radio chip than the protocols that are working for you. Sounds like a problem with the cyrf6936 device in your tx.

More
19 Feb 2018 02:13 #67575 by Brett_N
LOL - Nobby your a jinx :-) one of my 10 or so spektrums gave me hell at the airfield today and would refuse to apply throttle.

Weird - I wonder if you've got the issue of the random crystal value on the TX. I just ordered another jumper, so when it gets here I'll look and see if there's a difference between the 2 circuit boards. I still want to solder in a better crystal and see if it makes a difference

More
19 Feb 2018 06:39 #67577 by Nobby
:) LOL Sorry about jinxing you! ;)

Never heard about the issue with the crystals on the circuit boards but given that my TS8G is one of the later models with a USB connection that I can use without taking the back off the radio, it would seem to make sense. Ahhhh well, another lesson learned. Let us know how you get on with the new TS8G.
Still happy with the Tx and using the Deviation software, in fact it has seemed to been a little easier to get in to it than with my Taranis but maybe the Taranis made my line of thought different! :silly:

More
19 Feb 2018 06:53 #67579 by Nobby

hexfet wrote: The dsm protocols use a different radio chip than the protocols that are working for you. Sounds like a problem with the cyrf6936 device in your tx.

Is this a fixable problem or just one I'll have to live with? Is it really a problem given I have a perfectly good DX7S? To be honest no I don't think it is a problem. I don't think I'm losing out as I still feel that TS8G is a cracking little Tx for the money and for using on my toy grade quads. The difference it has made just to the flying qualities of these cheap machines is worth the money.

More
19 Feb 2018 14:49 #67587 by Brett_N
Hey have you tried binding to a DSM2 RX instead of a DSMX?

If it'll bind to a DSM2 that at least rules out an issue with your radio chip.

More
19 Feb 2018 23:45 #67602 by Nobby
Hi Brett

Just tried a DSM 2 and an Orange DSM 2 with 3 axsis stabilisation and no joy. Really baffled as on the YouTube everyone seems to bind up ok with their Spek stuff. Think I'll just resign my self to the fact that it isn't going to bind. Shame really as I wanted to test it out on a little Align 250 heli out I have with a DSM 2 already installed.

More
20 Feb 2018 02:32 #67603 by hexfet

Nobby wrote:

hexfet wrote: The dsm protocols use a different radio chip than the protocols that are working for you. Sounds like a problem with the cyrf6936 device in your tx.

Is this a fixable problem or just one I'll have to live with?

might be fixable if you're comfortable opening the radio module and diagnosing the problem. Or get a replacement from the vendor.

Nobby wrote: Is it really a problem given I have a perfectly good DX7S? To be honest no I don't think it is a problem.

then it's not a problem :)

More
20 Feb 2018 03:18 #67606 by Brett_N
Nobby - post up your INI file - I'll test it with my Jumper and spektrums for you.

If it works on mine, then it's probably a radio issue, which, given how new the jumpers are, whoever you bought it from (banggood?) should replace it.

More
20 Feb 2018 09:17 #67620 by Nobby

More
20 Feb 2018 09:24 #67622 by Nobby
Ok Brett. ..I'll have to get back to you on that as I'm not familiar with how to go about getting the ini file but from what I can gather it's like using Windows so it shouldn't be a problem.
As for sending it back to Gearbest. ...:woohoo: :unsure:
I'll probably just buy another. It'll be a lot easier! !!

More
20 Feb 2018 15:03 #67629 by Brett_N
Plug in your radio to USB, turn it on from main screen (hit ENT) and it will show up as a disk in windows explorer. Copy the .ini to windows folder, then upload it here.

DO NOT OPEN THE .INI in windows WITHOUT NOTEPAD++ -- it will ruin the .ini structure.

More
20 Feb 2018 23:34 #67642 by Nobby
Right Brett....
Seem to have come to a hurdle. It would appear that I have not got the correct size of USB cable needed for the Jumper. I thought I did, but I haven't! :(

I'll source one from somewhere then I'll upload the ini file for you to have a look at. Not sure what type of USB it is? Seems smaller than the one I use on my quads. Micro USB?

More
19 Mar 2018 12:32 #68207 by Nobby
Ok i'm back! :)

Managed to source a cable for the Jumper and i've copied and pasted the radio files to the desktop.

Now....cant find any file that is called "ini" so what am i looking for?:blink:

Regards John

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds