Devo 10 help - white screen

More
15 Mar 2018 11:01 #68079 by magichatdrinkr9
Devo 10 help - white screen was created by magichatdrinkr9
I want to start off by saying I am new to this so I will need help from the "Dummies 101 section".
I bought a starter pack with the Rodeo 110 and Devo 10 controller. Being new to this realm, I youtubed as much as I could because it seems that this is a secret society and nothing comes with directions anymore. I knew I had to learn in acro mode but the switch never seemed to do anything on my controller - that is until I flipped the Gear switch from 0-1. That is when all hell broke loose and I knew I was waaaaaaaaay in over my head! I downloaded a drone simulator to help me figure this out better and get some inexpensive flight time. Well my control would not connect to my pc running windows 10. I looked through various forums I started going through the process other had with this same scenerio with a twist. I downloaded the dfu installer and was able to get the remote to be found in that. I did enter by pressing EXT when the remote was turned on. I upgraded to the latest deviation 5.0. and it said it was successful. Turned off and on as it said and turned back on without pressing EXT and it had a USB picture on the screen. At this point I was supposed to copy files but the pc would only recognize it as a "E" drive that needed to be formatted. I read in the forums to format it and copy the files back. Well after it was formatted, the drive disappeared from my pc and now I cannot reconnect it to copy the files. Being fed up I turned off the remote and took a break and now I have a white screen when it is turned on. Please help - I do not want to get discouraged and throw everything in the closet to collect dust - the little I tasted of this hobby seems to have a huge potential.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2018 11:10 - 15 Mar 2018 11:16 #68080 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Devo 10 help - white screen
Try to press "ENT" and Power On. It is the "USB mode". If you can see transmitter USB drive, copy filesystem to USB drive.

If you can't see USB drive, try start "Computer management"->"Disk management" and check if you can see removable drive, it has FAT filesystem and it has drive letter ("E:" or something else).
Last edit: 15 Mar 2018 11:16 by vlad_vy.

More
15 Mar 2018 11:29 #68083 by magichatdrinkr9
Replied by magichatdrinkr9 on topic Devo 10 help - white screen
So it does show up but I cannot access it. It shows up under Settings>Devices>Bluetooth and other connections and shows up as STM32 DFU. The only thing it will allow me to do by clicking is to "Remove Device"

More
15 Mar 2018 11:32 #68084 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Devo 10 help - white screen
In that case you use "EXT" + Power On, you need use "ENT" + Power ON.

More
15 Mar 2018 11:49 #68086 by magichatdrinkr9
Haha see - for dummies lol. Ok Now it shows up under "E" drive and USB is on the screen. What do and don't I copy into it?

More
15 Mar 2018 12:08 #68087 by magichatdrinkr9
ok found it in the deviation manual - I am back on track - thank you

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds