Binding a frsky xm+ full range to Devo 7E

More
29 Mar 2018 11:44 #68402 by Aurora
Hi there, I am having no luck binding my modded Devo 7E to my bnf furibee x215 pro that came with a frsky xm+ full range reciever! I selected mode frsky x and it does not work! However seen a video where one was trying to trouble shoot the binding issue and noticed he set the frequency down to -20 that seems to work for the binding process! The problem is it seems to glitch! What am I missing? Is the xm+ full range compatible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2018 15:36 - 29 Mar 2018 15:48 #68407 by aMax
My XM+ is on "0" (FCC firmware)at the 7e and yes it is capable for nearly 800m at my quad .
Take care of the antenna orientation and set the fail safe as described (manual > bind button).
If you have the tools, get the recent firmware for 8 or16CH and RSSI at CH 8 or16 on the OSD.

Edit: If you have the 10cm antenna wires check the exposed part. On my older receiver these antennas are 15 cm long
and the exposed part is a tiny tad more than a quarter wave length

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 29 Mar 2018 15:48 by aMax. Reason: edit

More
29 Mar 2018 21:28 #68409 by Aurora
Replied by Aurora on topic Binding a frsky xm+ full range to Devo 7E
When you say set the failsafe as described can you explain to me how to set it up?

More
30 Mar 2018 02:31 #68416 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Binding a frsky xm+ full range to Devo 7E

Aurora wrote: ... set the frequency down to -20 that seems to work for the binding process! The problem is it seems to glitch! What am I missing? Is the xm+ full range compatible?

Change the freq-fine setting to more negative values and see if the glitching stops. Keep going till it starts glitching again, then set freq-fine to a value in the middle.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds