Devo10 and RX704 on airplane or futaba rx

More
06 Jul 2018 12:53 #69793 by Masabi
Hello, just found this forum and it might just save my summer

Couple days ago my Futaba 6EX fell to ground and broke.
At home I got a box of random quadcopter stuff from my friend and there was Devo10 and RX704 so I thought I could use that for my planes. Problem is that RX704 has only AUX- ports on it. I got it working with tx but moving sticks did nothing. Then I found out throttle is at Rudder D/R switch etc. So I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to assign Aux1,2,3 ports to aileron, throttle etc?
or
2. Could I scavenge my old Futaba 6EX for a CC2500 module and get it working with Devo10? Then I could use my old FHSS rx.

Thank you very much for any answers.
Masabi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2018 22:11 #69797 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Devo10 and RX704 on airplane or futaba rx
Is the Devo 10 running deviation? If so any input can be mapped to any channel. Not sure about the stock firmware.

The aux labels are just a way of identifying channels 1-7. Default channel order for devo protocol is EATRG, so if you're running stock firmware the first channel will be elevator, second aileron, and so on (Might be changeable but don't know the stock firmware). If you're running deviation the channels are assigned by the model's mixers. If you don't have a model file, select the devo protocol and then a template that's appropriate for your aircraft. That will set up default mixers.

Not sure about using the Futaba's radio module. If it exposes the SPI interface to the cc2500 it should be possible.

More
07 Jul 2018 05:41 #69799 by Gerry
Replied by Gerry on topic Devo10 and RX704 on airplane or futaba rx
Futaba fasst is not supported by deviation.

Devo 7e A7105 NRF24L01 CC2500 2x3 way & voice, Devo 12e 4 in 1 & voice.
FFS (Forever Fixing Stuff)

More
09 Jul 2018 19:59 #69824 by Masabi
Replied by Masabi on topic Devo10 and RX704 on airplane or futaba rx
Thank you for your answers.

I tried to upload Deviation to my Devo10 through Deaviation Uploader. First time it just showed old Devention but with all text of menus messed up. Then I tried to upload only DFU. That made all the menus go away. Theres just some bar on left side that I can move but no text or images. I uploaded old firmware and Devention is back but with messed up text.

So my guess is that uploader didnt upload graphic or text files succesfully. How to fix that?
I'm using mac OSX. Finder doesnt recognise tx so I cant acces files directly through USB.

Time to create page: 0.028 seconds