Orangerx DSMx Rxx20X V2 + R110X satellite issue

More
11 Jul 2018 14:33 - 11 Jul 2018 15:23 #69853 by bvhoesel
Hello,

Got some OrangeRX DSM Rxx20X V2 (xx = 6,8 and 12) receivers and the OrangeRX R110X satellite module. I would like to get the GPS telemetry data from the combo but for now I am not able to get it. All GPS fields on the Telemetry page stay red and 'empty'. The 'standard' telemetry data like fades, loss and voltage are received and shown.
Every time I bind the the receiver the sat led ends up solid so it seems binding of the sat module works. But up to now no GPS data is received.
Using the nightly from a few days ago on a Devo8s with the 4in1 module installed. I tried both DSM2 and DSMX protocols with High-speed and OrangeRX options both on and off.
After searching the forum for some time I cannot find any hints or details whether or not the GPS data should work in this setup and how to get it working. So, I am not sure if, and what I might be missing. One thing is for sure I cannot determine if the sat module is having a decent reception and has a lock. Other GPS devices (i.e. phone) do get a lock at the same location.

Thanks in advance for any clarification or advice.
Last edit: 11 Jul 2018 15:23 by bvhoesel. Reason: Typo on channel count

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2018 00:20 - 12 Jul 2018 00:21 #69854 by hexfet
Satellite receivers are not GPS radios. The "satellite" here means something like secondary or auxiliary. It's a separate rc receiver that feeds into the main unit to help prevent loss of the rx-tx link.
Last edit: 12 Jul 2018 00:21 by hexfet.

More
12 Jul 2018 08:09 #69858 by bvhoesel
Hi Hexfet,

So, that's the 'obvious' thing I was missing. Dit not notice the differences in the stuff I had read so far.

Thanks for the quick response.

Time to create page: 0.027 seconds