T8SG Plus with a flight simulator

More
19 Jul 2018 14:46 #69901 by dnlpr
T8SG Plus with a flight simulator was created by dnlpr
Hello,
I can not use my T8SG Plus with a flight simulator, be it Multifly, Phoenix RC or Real flight, the radio is not recognized, I think it is necessary to configure the transmitter but I do not know how . Does anyone know how to do it?
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2018 07:03 #69903 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic T8SG Plus with a flight simulator
Use the PPM protocol...

More
21 Jul 2018 22:42 #69911 by ksaves2
Replied by ksaves2 on topic T8SG Plus with a flight simulator

FDR wrote: Use the PPM protocol...

What cable or B/T dongle is best? Kurt

More
22 Jul 2018 06:02 #69912 by dnlpr
Replied by dnlpr on topic T8SG Plus with a flight simulator
I tried the PPM protocol but it did not work, I tried with USB, Phoenix and RealFlight dongle, it does not work either. My PC works with Windows 10. I do not understand.

More
22 Jul 2018 09:49 #69915 by Thinker
Replied by Thinker on topic T8SG Plus with a flight simulator
I prefere to not use a cable when using sims, it just gets in the way and are usually to short for comfort with my computor setup.
The much easier way that I prefere is using a USB reciever dongle: OrangeRx USB RX dongle

Just connect it to USB, make a model in the T8SG and connect it thru normal protocol RX binding (dsmx) and it just works. Shows up in windows as "USB dsmX HID" game controller. Its a bonus that the USB dongle fits nicely in my T8SG v2 plus battery compartment infront of the battery so it wont get lost.

You can make one if you have a rx with cPPM youre not using and a USB dongle mic in/soundcard. The RX get its power from the USB jack and cPPM output connected to mic in. Then use software to interpet the connection (vJoy / SmartPropoPlus Setup). But it can be buggy.

More
23 Jul 2018 16:50 #69936 by dnlpr
I'm going to buy the Orange dongle, but will it work with RealFlight or Phoenix RC? Thank you. Daniel

More
24 Jul 2018 02:29 #69943 by Gerry
Replied by Gerry on topic T8SG Plus with a flight simulator
My flight sims bundle came with a usb adaptor with a cord. I soldered in a servo lead and attach a dsm2 PPM receiver to eliminate the cord. I can still unplug the Rx and use a cord with Taranis.

Devo 7e A7105 NRF24L01 CC2500 2x3 way & voice, Devo 12e 4 in 1 & voice.
FFS (Forever Fixing Stuff)
Attachments:

More
26 Jul 2018 05:20 #69958 by dnlpr
How clever!

More
28 Jul 2018 22:52 #69978 by ksaves2

Thinker wrote: I prefere to not use a cable when using sims, it just gets in the way and are usually to short for comfort with my computor setup.
The much easier way that I prefere is using a USB reciever dongle: OrangeRx USB RX dongle

Just connect it to USB, make a model in the T8SG and connect it thru normal protocol RX binding (dsmx) and it just works. Shows up in windows as "USB dsmX HID" game controller. Its a bonus that the USB dongle fits nicely in my T8SG v2 plus battery compartment infront of the battery so it wont get lost.

You can make one if you have a rx with cPPM youre not using and a USB dongle mic in/soundcard. The RX get its power from the USB jack and cPPM output connected to mic in. Then use software to interpet the connection (vJoy / SmartPropoPlus Setup). But it can be buggy.

Ok, I give up. Not working with Real Flight.7. The dongle is recognized but the T8SG plus is not when going into the setup. I have DSMX selected and go the binding and get the green light to come up. Does one have to set an ID in there? Is there a PPM In setting other than none.
I have the power output set at 30mw. Any help appreciated.

Simply when I get to the calibration screen on Real Flight 7 none of the control movements do anything. Kurt

More
29 Jul 2018 00:49 - 29 Jul 2018 02:17 #69979 by ksaves2
Ok, stupidhead here again. I see that one has to hold the side button in on the dongle while inserting it into the USB port.
Get that bright LED lit. Got through the setup process except I can't set the switches on the T8SGPlus. This is with Aerofly RC 7. Well at least I got it bonded. I copied an XK k110 ini file in and was able to fly a bit. Kurt
Last edit: 29 Jul 2018 02:17 by ksaves2.

More
30 Jul 2018 15:33 #69997 by Thinker
Replied by Thinker on topic T8SG Plus with a flight simulator
I just assign channels to switches as normal and have 7 working channels, ch5-7 on 3 position switches. You can go in to windows USB game controllers and check how many it receives and that its signaled to the computor correctly. So your problem might be something with the sim, I havnt tried Aerofly RC so I cant help you there.

More
03 Aug 2018 02:59 #70042 by ksaves2

Thinker wrote: I just assign channels to switches as normal and have 7 working channels, ch5-7 on 3 position switches. You can go in to windows USB game controllers and check how many it receives and that its signaled to the computor correctly. So your problem might be something with the sim, I havnt tried Aerofly RC so I cant help you there.

I found that the frame rate is degraded with that "orange" dongle. Close but no cigar. I had to get Aerofly as no other commercial
simulator was available. With Tower going bankrupt, the RealFlight simulator was out of stock at every source I tried so went with Aerofly with the overseas source. It looks good. I did get the "Ultimate" version and simply use the clone tranny that was supplied. I was hoping I could get the "Plus" to work with it but it is less than desirable with this born again beginner. Kurt

More
21 Feb 2019 16:16 #72955 by spacecase
Replied by spacecase on topic T8SG Plus with a flight simulator
No luck I also have a T8SG V2 Plus and Real Flight and cannot get real flight to see my controller.
Are their drivers we are missing perhaps?

More
22 Feb 2019 20:20 #72972 by spacecase
Replied by spacecase on topic T8SG Plus with a flight simulator
Which PPM protocol, channel, stick extended?

More
13 Jan 2020 03:14 #75695 by txinsuranceguy
Replied by txinsuranceguy on topic T8SG Plus with a flight simulator
old thread, but i was curious and downloaded the free version of ClearView RC sim to test.

i plugged into the USB from the T8SG V2 PLUS into the computer. windows 10 pro

i went into one of the unused models, and instead of dsmx or whatever i selected the protocol to be USBHID. clicked re-init and you hear the windows chime.

opened up the flight sim and it was an option to choose. it didn't pop up in windows 10 like say my ps4 controller did but shows up on list for the game and it works.

now...i didn't have to change anything on the computer at all. not sure if that is normal or b/c the other night i clicked through a bunch of downloads such as the DFU usbdrv installer...maybe it installed usb drivers?

i don't know where i am supposed to look in device manager to see what it is called.

t8sg v2 v5.00 abc5dcf i think this is old version?

More
03 Feb 2020 19:12 #75875 by txinsuranceguy
Replied by txinsuranceguy on topic T8SG Plus with a flight simulator
does anyone have an INI file for a heli that is set up for phoenix rc? correct switch assignments and expo and everything?

i found a $16 dongle that lets you plug in through PPM. i can make it work just fine but you still have to set up switches for them to work. i used the file from one of my helis and i couldn't get the pitch control to work.

when i use just basic heli template the switches haven't been mapped yet.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds