Help with Problem with Walkera Master CP

More
03 Aug 2018 19:32 #70059 by themadsinger
Help with Problem with Walkera Master CP was created by themadsinger
Apologies if this isnt the right place to ask this.

I have a walkera MAster CP copter which I hadnt used for a little while. I have a DEV 10 controller and never did any thing with the firmware before now.

I got it out and dusted it off, but when I went to fly it (I am still teaching myself) and managed to have a crach. No obvious damage but the linkage from the swash plate to one of the blades which controls the blade pitch cam off and disappeared.

I ordered a new set and fitted the missing one now problem. However, when I fire the copter up now the servo which controls the swash plate (the one plugged into the left most socket on the receiver when look from the front of the copter) is making a continuous noise, almost jittering a bit, although it does still move. The blade pitch seems to move as I would expect but when I try to fly it, it doesnt get off the ground even if I push the power to full throttle.

Is the servo in question damaged and needs replacing?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2018 02:51 #70081 by Gerry
Replied by Gerry on topic Help with Problem with Walkera Master CP
Stock master cp servos are notoriously weak, the upgrade metal gear servos work well. Also keep an eye on the swash, it separates very easily in a crash.

Devo 7e A7105 NRF24L01 CC2500 2x3 way & voice, Devo 12e 4 in 1 & voice.
FFS (Forever Fixing Stuff)

More
04 Aug 2018 09:15 #70089 by themadsinger
Replied by themadsinger on topic Help with Problem with Walkera Master CP
Thanks Gerry. How do I tell if the swash has separated?

More
04 Aug 2018 17:22 #70097 by themadsinger
Replied by themadsinger on topic Help with Problem with Walkera Master CP
I have read somewhere else that when you are bench testing without the motors connected that the gyro can do funny things. Could this be part of the issue. The noise from the servo is a bit like a noisy bearing sound which gets loader the more I push the throttle lever up. If I push the elevator stick all the way forward, it seems to stop.

I have ordered some of the metal geared servos anyway but wonder if there is something else. On the bench text the blades certainly get positive pitch when I go past half way on the stick but like I said not enough lift to get airbourne

Thanks again

More
04 Aug 2018 23:02 #70102 by Gerry
Replied by Gerry on topic Help with Problem with Walkera Master CP
If the swash is starting to separate it will probably be obvious to look at.
Also check that the main shaft is not moving up and down, check the main gear and the collar below the swash for tightness.
Light finger pressure on the servo arms while operating the servos should give an indication if they are working correctly.

Devo 7e A7105 NRF24L01 CC2500 2x3 way & voice, Devo 12e 4 in 1 & voice.
FFS (Forever Fixing Stuff)

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds