Custom sounds for voice module

More
18 Feb 2019 16:31 #72917 by spacecase
Custom sounds for voice module was created by spacecase
So I have used the auto generated file to create some Scottish lass voice prompts but want to take it further.

One sound I want with the activation of a switch is "Stand away from the pilot landing sequence initiated". I often get people asking me a tone of questions when I fly figured something like that may be helpful to other models. Also thinking of taking sound clips from the movie Top Gun, maybe that song Highway to the Safety Zone etc.

If one were to replace one of the MP3 files on a Dev 7e in the USB drive with something such as above if you keep the name the same would it work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2019 12:06 #72924 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Custom sounds for voice module
Yes, you can add or replace mp3 files as you like. The only important things that they begin with the number. If you do so, edit voice.ini on your transmitter to have a new entry in the custom section for the file you added. Please also note that voice.ini requires an entry for the duration of each voice file in ms.

More
20 Feb 2019 03:50 #72929 by spacecase
Replied by spacecase on topic Custom sounds for voice module
Great thanks. I knew I had to have a corresponding voice.ini in my media folder. But this is good reading the instructions its seems easy.

The duration in ms is part of the file name you speak of? I will just use the same format when I look in.

There generally isnt a use for custom voice files as necessary ones are already created. Telemetry seems most important, other then some what silly request such as mine. But I thought the "get away from the pilot" hasnt been made.
Followed by "It is a REAL airplane", "No its not a toy"..

More
23 Feb 2019 09:04 #72982 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Custom sounds for voice module
no, number in filename is just index number. duration is written in voice.ini, the file format is explained in the file itself.

Time to create page: 0.028 seconds