Bitbucket Mercurial

More
03 Sep 2012 12:47 #1347 by xCometz
Bitbucket Mercurial was created by xCometz
I am newbie in CVS and need some assist to Bitbucket-things.

I use windows machine and Eclipse with MercurialElipse plugins. I've also opened a Bitbucket account and it is still empty with no repository.

I've cloned deviation repository into my Eclipse from bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation as my starting point and made some coding for Devo 10 support from there, everythings did well, I could compile and did commit.

Now I want to put it in my Bitbucket, how should I do now? Could anybody help me please...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2012 13:16 #1348 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Bitbucket Mercurial
Only PB will know for sure...

I tried to use TortoiseHG on my Vista, but ended using hg from the MinGW command prompt, because the GUI of TortoiseHG was quite confusing...
The hg commands are simple enough, at least those few you have to use...

More
03 Sep 2012 13:50 #1350 by xCometz
Replied by xCometz on topic Bitbucket Mercurial
I saw your repository on Bitbucket is not a fork from PB, how did you do that?

Forking is a easy way but I want to try hard way because from your and MatCat repository it is possible not as fork, I think.

Starting from hard way could make more experience, I hope. :)

I could do importing PB repository directly from Bitbucket and then make clone to local work and use it as starting point and make commit and pull to that but how can PB or I merge from/to his/my repository?

More
03 Sep 2012 14:05 #1351 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Bitbucket Mercurial

xCometz wrote: I saw your repository on Bitbucket is not a fork from PB, how did you do that?

Forking is a easy way but I want to try hard way because from your and MatCat repository it is possible not as fork, I think.

Starting from hard way could make more experience, I hope. :)

I could do importing PB repository directly from Bitbucket and then make clone to local work and use it as starting point and make commit and pull to that but how can PB or I merge from/to his/my repository?

Forking is better because bitbucket then knows about the relationship between the repositories.
The way that FDR did it was to do a clone of my repo and then to push it to a different path. if you fork in bitbucket, it is just in reverse...bitbucket makes the clone, and then you pull it.

I don't use eclipse, so I can't really help you with the hg plugin. Also, if you reformat (re-indent) the code with eclipse, I won't be able to pull your changes, so be careful.

I'd recommend using the cmdline version of hg with mingw since we'll be able to give you more support, and I've already documented how to use it here:
deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/73-gui?start=220#503

More
03 Sep 2012 15:00 #1352 by xCometz
Replied by xCometz on topic Bitbucket Mercurial
I think I can do importing PB repository to my Bitbucket then make clone and starting point from that. I just maked a test and It seems It worked, I've tried to push a test. I've deleted the repository and make the real one later if I am at home.

PB, the code has 4-space ident instead tab, right? I could set that with elipse.

Thanks all for helping.

More
03 Sep 2012 21:17 - 03 Sep 2012 21:18 #1356 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Bitbucket Mercurial
This is pretty close to what I use:
deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/73-gui?start=100#186

The style I use is pretty close to 1TBS. I was able to get close in Eclipse, by
* making a new style with K&R as the base
* changing indentation to 'spaces only'
* selecting for braces: function -> next line
* selecting for braces: blocks -> next line on wrap

If you setup that style in Eclipse, it will closely math my code. Please only format the files you've created (in the gui dir) as otherwise the merge will be quite difficult.

So it is fine for new code. But if you reformat existing code you'll introduce a lot of changes that will make it impossible for me to pull your code.
I want to be able to run a 'diff' and only see the changes you made, not unrelated format changes.
Last edit: 03 Sep 2012 21:18 by PhracturedBlue.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds