F12E and xms couple questions

More
02 Mar 2019 17:43 - 02 Mar 2019 23:51 #73124 by Toolbox1211
F12E and xms couple questions was created by Toolbox1211
Wondering about the stability of the nightly builds and if there is any current development.
Iv done the xms modification. devo.fs was just too unstable and it was fun also internal dfplayer powered off the balance port .I Had to do alot of hunting and my own testing to figure out some things I couldent find here but all seems well.
Questions
1. I see the hall sensor gimbal mod for the devo 10 and 12s and I want in so I'm wondering if the gimbals in the f12e have the same mounting as the 10 and 12s so I can use the 3d model that's already made for them

2. Has anyone found a way to feed the dfplayer off somthing other than the trainer port so I can use the trainer port for other things and still have voice

Now for my issues.
1. Data logging. I click it f12e reboots. No logs. Has this not been fully implemented yet? Is there further setup to it?

2. I switched from a model with voice on to a model with ppm trainer input no problems. Went to switch back and just resets when selecting another model. To stop that loop I turned ppm trainer input off and reset then it allows me to change model but has erased all my voice input setup :( .should I just keep backups of my models or am I doing somthing wrong?

3. When in usb gamepad mode if I go to the main home screen devo resets. Its avoidable and better than the devo.fs reboot loop it used to get stuck In before xms

I also want to thank all the people involved in the development of deviation and xms.

Also wondering if there's a way to know if and when any changes have been made to the f12e nightly builds. So we can know when we should update
Last edit: 02 Mar 2019 23:51 by Toolbox1211.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2019 03:11 #73173 by csujun
Replied by csujun on topic F12E and xms couple questions
Thank you for reporting bugs to me.

f12e has same mount as d10. I can not confirm hall sensor will work but worth to try.

for the issues:
1. datalog: I will take a look on a real Tx.
2. ppmin: there is a bug. I will take a look.
3. usb gamepad: it is a known issue. I will submit a pr today. Hopefully, it will get fix in tomorrow's nightly.

More
04 Mar 2019 13:04 - 04 Mar 2019 17:00 #73195 by Toolbox1211
Replied by Toolbox1211 on topic F12E and xms couple questions
Thank you for the reply .
That's good news that the gimbal mounting is the same. I will try to put hall sensors in and share my results with the community in case I'm not the only one interested.

When you say a real Tx do you mean one that is not nightly builds or is the f12e an inferior device? Please educate me

Another bug I noticed was when naming a model if you dont enter or change anything when you go back you get stuck in the model setup page requiring a hard reset

Is this an appropriate place to be posting bugs? I see there is a bug reporting system but the link in non functional. I Dont want to clutter the forums with info that has a more proper place

Is there a way to know if changes have been made to a build?

Not sure if I'm barking up the right tree but if we had a seperate hardware.ini for each model or the ability to edit the voice status via the model menu and we could select the voice status per model I feel like switching between them wouldent be an issue. Assuming the crash is due to the ppm status not knowing what to do when voice is enabled and you use ppm out

Another idea would be to have it shut off voice when trainer switch is enabled and vice versa so we dont need a seperate model without voice for ppm in. just flip switch and plug in when you switch back to the trainee will be receiving the dfplayer commands until you unplug but I dont see a problem with that
Last edit: 04 Mar 2019 17:00 by Toolbox1211.

More
17 Mar 2019 21:32 #73398 by ojw
Replied by ojw on topic F12E and xms couple questions
Hi
I have two Devo 10 and two F12e. I have tx modded all, but voice only on one of the 10's, and I see the same bug when exiting a model that use the trainer port for input. I have to deselect ppm input, and then select another model. Othwerwise, the transmitter will reboot.

This is probably a bug, but I can live with it. I have not seen voice setup being affected on the Devo 10 when this happens. I am considering doing the voice mod on the F12e, because it really works well for me on the devo 10. Any suggestion on where to look for soldering options on the F12e?
oj

More
17 Mar 2019 23:08 #73399 by Toolbox1211
I took ppm output from "the trainer on when unplugged" picture from the guide for voice module. As for power 2 choices i can think of
1. Seperate power for dfplayer

2. A pololu stepdown converter powered off the battery. With the enable pin hooked to anywhere live wile power is on. This is what im told but i havent finnished yet due to dfplayer doing matrix voice now that its getting 5v and havent picked up the propper adjustable pololu

Just a note. When selecting the speaker there is at least 3 mm of extra room for a bigger speaker. Measure twice fit once. Assume its all the same and use glue. Ask me how i know lol.

More
18 Mar 2019 01:17 #73402 by ojw
Thanks for the info.

I haven't checked the trainer port on the F12e yet, but assuming it is the same solder points as the devo 10, I know where to tap into that one. For power, I was thinking about using the external power plug at the top of the transmitter. That is labeled 12v, and should be perfect for a 12-5v step down. -Given that is it made for external devices, it should be a good place to draw power.

-And the loudspeaker; Did you replace the existing one under the grille in the front? Is is 'save' to remove the circuit board covering it. I guess all the buttons contact that board?

oj

More
18 Mar 2019 13:56 #73411 by Toolbox1211
The picture for internal installation shows the correct places to wire to the trainer plug.

Do not take power from the 12v out at the top. The processor will slow down. everything will be delayed or just not work voice takes extra 5 seconds and may not play at all been there done that not a good power source. I listed the two options those are the choices i am aware of

There is no existing speaker under the grill just an empty hole. Yes its safe to renove the board but there is no need. just take out enof screws to make room to slide the speaker under

More
18 Mar 2019 21:39 #73418 by ojw
Thank you again for sharing.

It really sounds strange that the 12v port does not work, as I guess it is intended for this? Could the reason be grounding problems (several grounds over different currents???

oj

More
19 Mar 2019 00:00 - 19 Mar 2019 00:37 #73422 by Toolbox1211
Not sure all i know is i tried it with undesirable unusable results using the power and ground from the 12v out to a lm2596 buck converter.
Last edit: 19 Mar 2019 00:37 by Toolbox1211.

More
10 May 2019 16:31 #74273 by 52dgj
Replied by 52dgj on topic F12E and xms couple questions
This is my installation method including power supply mode, I have not found any problems at present.

DEVO12,DEVO8S,DEVO7E,DEVO10,Taranis QX7,FS-i6
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds