Rebind DSMX models after copying files to new TX?

More
31 Mar 2019 18:10 #73645 by OrbitalGolem
Probably a silly question, but do I need to re-bind DSMX models after I've copied models files to a new transmitter? I was running Deviation 3.0 on a Devo 8. I installed Deviation 5.0 on a new Devo 8s and copied the files in the models directory from the old to new TX. Binding IDs are identical. The new radio doesn't bind to the models.

Is this because a GUID is used as part of the DSMX binding?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2019 18:44 #73647 by hexfet
Yes, unless you use the method described in this thread . The txid needs to be configured before binding.

More
31 Mar 2019 19:23 #73648 by OrbitalGolem
Replied by OrbitalGolem on topic Rebind DSMX models after copying files to new TX?
Many thanks for the link - very useful. Is there any way to retrieve the TXID that Deviation configured on the old radio? It appears that if I can't determine that ID, then I'll have to re-bind in any case.

More
31 Mar 2019 19:42 #73649 by hexfet
Practically the answer is no, so you need to re-bind. Don't know enough about cryptography to know if it's actually impossible. (Need to pick a seed for a lfsr random number generator to make it generate a specific value)

Set a txid before re-binding to prevent the same issue in the future.

More
31 Mar 2019 19:48 #73650 by OrbitalGolem
Replied by OrbitalGolem on topic Rebind DSMX models after copying files to new TX?
Will do. Thanks again.

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds