rattle in my Devo 10, will sleep better ow.

More
03 Apr 2019 15:40 #73671 by crash7X
rattle in my Devo 10 was created by crash7X
It was bugging me so I went to the trouble of "going in" to find what was rattling around inside my Devo 10 TX.

I extracted a metal rod, 2mm in diameter and 10mm long.

Do you know what this piece is and if it might have slipped loose from something inside? Or did it just jump in there last time I had it open?

I use no small metal rods like that. Srsly it looks like one of those things you see on lurid TV shows about visiting aliens implanting humans with advanced tech.

TIA

c7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2019 04:14 #73680 by ajtank
Replied by ajtank on topic rattle in my Devo 10
Does it come from the hinge of the battery door?

More
04 Apr 2019 05:17 #73682 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic rattle in my Devo 10
Also, check all stick rockers, probably it is the pin used for stick centering. Most likely it can be throttle rocker.

More
04 Apr 2019 14:58 #73686 by crash7X
Replied by crash7X on topic rattle in my Devo 10, will sleep better ow.
Thank you @ajtank, yes!

It is from the battery door hinge! man that was driving me crazy. I busted the battery door, it is now held on with painter's tape.

I frankly place that in the "I never would have figured it out" category.

Thanks, too @vlad_vy, good idea - since I had full functions, I had some confidence that it wasn't a (critical) part of the mechanisms.

I had lived with the stupid rattle for some time - I don't like to "go in" unless it is unavoidable. It finally just crossed some threshold and I took up the challenge.

This was only the second time, once open it up and pop in a four way, never look back.

c7

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds