Range with 4in1 Modul and other Protocols

More
16 May 2019 13:50 #74324 by PatrickN
Hello,

as Receivers with FRSky, or FLSky are most popular at the moment im planning to get a nice 4 in 1 Modul for my Devo 8S to fly some Whoops, or nything like this.
I Already have a A7105 Modul installed for flying my Hubsan.

When the new Modul arrives i will place it in my Devo. But how about the range for the other Protocols. Actually the A7105 Modul is not connected to any antenna, but thats ok, cause im flying only in my house.

The 4 in 1 Modul has an Antenna Connector. Will this be connected to the Main Antenna, so that i get a nice range with my Devo?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2019 05:46 #74327 by ZeroFPV
Replied by ZeroFPV on topic Range with 4in1 Modul and other Protocols

PatrickN wrote: Hello,

as Receivers with FRSky, or FLSky are most popular at the moment im planning to get a nice 4 in 1 Modul for my Devo 8S to fly some Whoops, or nything like this.
I Already have a A7105 Modul installed for flying my Hubsan.

When the new Modul arrives i will place it in my Devo. But how about the range for the other Protocols. Actually the A7105 Modul is not connected to any antenna, but thats ok, cause im flying only in my house.

The 4 in 1 Modul has an Antenna Connector. Will this be connected to the Main Antenna, so that i get a nice range with my Devo?

If you do speak of this ( www.banggood.com/CC2500-NRF24L01-A7105-C...rch&cur_warehouse=CN ) 4in1...

I get 1.2km Range with DSMX and an OrangeRx R620X V2 receiver and 600-800m with an FrSky XM+. The description is claiming that the module has a output power of 160mW so in theory you should get more range than you'd get wit an Taranis or comparable radios. You have to connect the module to an antenna. It could burn out without one. But I can't tell you if you need a new antenna or if you can use the antenna of your Devo 8S (Devo 7E user here).

More
17 May 2019 08:03 #74332 by PatrickN
Replied by PatrickN on topic Range with 4in1 Modul and other Protocols
thanks a lot for sharing your experience.
So in fact i don't need to buy a new one, thats good. Cause i like the Devo. And its a matter of money.. ;)

Yes, it is that module, how do you connect it in your 7E? Did you place another Antenna?

More
20 May 2019 07:49 - 20 May 2019 08:00 #74341 by ZeroFPV
Replied by ZeroFPV on topic Range with 4in1 Modul and other Protocols
In the Devo 7E the antenna is soldered to the TX module. The 4in1 has an IPEX connector. So I used this ( www.banggood.com/DANIU-10cm-PCI-UFL-IPX-...-Cable-p-924933.html ) and this ( www.banggood.com/2_4GHz-3dBi-RP-SMA-Conn...tml?cur_warehouse=CN ).

Last edit: 20 May 2019 08:00 by ZeroFPV.

Time to create page: 0.027 seconds