Jumper T8SG V2 Plus Will Not Turn On

More
17 Sep 2019 23:46 #75115 by Joms
I've had my T8SG for quite some time now, and it's been good so far...until today. It just for some reason turned off, and won't turn on anymore--no LED lights, no display, nothing. I had thought it was the battery, but my 2S is still showing around 8V, and works on another transmitter. I then plugged the T8SG to USB, held down Enter and pressed the power button, with the lipo plugged in. No response on PC, or on the T8SG as well.

What could have gone wrong? I opened it up, and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong, no burnt smells and none of the components look burnt out too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2019 15:41 #75120 by Joms
Replied by Joms on topic Jumper T8SG V2 Plus Will Not Turn On
So, when I remove the actual radio TX's 16-pin cable, the power LED does come to life (although no display still). Does anyone know if Jumper has finally made available replacement parts (and if there's a link to it)?

More
20 Sep 2019 18:17 #75127 by propnut
Replied by propnut on topic Jumper T8SG V2 Plus Will Not Turn On
Create an account on Aliexpress

www.aliexpress.com/

and you can get all the parts from the Jumper store in there. Don't worry quite safe. I and others have used it numerous times.

More
21 Sep 2019 01:51 #75128 by Joms
i never even thought to do that and went straight to banggood...awesome, thanks! did find an internal RF module and ordering it now. :cheer:

More
21 Sep 2019 20:07 #75136 by propnut
Out of a matter of interest. Try holding the enter button andbthen just tap the power button and I mean tap i.e. less than a sexond and see if any of the LEDs come on.

More
08 Nov 2019 11:42 - 08 Nov 2019 11:47 #75418 by dat-alex
Replied by dat-alex on topic Jumper T8SG V2 Plus Will Not Turn On
Well I have the same problem with my V2 Plus too!

when internal RF module is connected no power , no usb icon ,no display , no led ... nothing!

when I disconect internal module pressing power red led blinks for a second and then off , no display
if I keep power pressed after a while green turns on but both are off when I release power (see video):

any advise my friends out there?

@Joms: had you any success with the module?

Thank you for your time

NOTE: is pcb supposed to work if internal module is disconected / or fault -maybe is trying to detect rf module ?
Last edit: 08 Nov 2019 11:47 by dat-alex.

More
08 Nov 2019 18:24 #75419 by Joms
I never did get it working again, but i also haven't tried replacing the parts. Aliexpress has the t8sg mainboard and RF module for about $25-30 apiece.

In the end, I just switched to a T16 Plus...

More
08 Nov 2019 19:33 #75421 by dat-alex
thank you my friend for your quick response I think smth wrong with main pcb.

I just want to verify that pcb should work when nothing is connecting e.i rf module , lcd screen etc

More
08 Nov 2019 19:35 - 08 Nov 2019 19:36 #75423 by dat-alex
@propnut: green led come on for a second , no screen, nothing....
Last edit: 08 Nov 2019 19:36 by dat-alex.

More
08 Nov 2019 20:54 #75424 by propnut
Download Deviation Uploader-0.9.0 from www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/category/161-dfu-usb-tool
Open the software and then connect your radio to your PC using the USB cable. Then just touch the power button for a fraction of a second literally. You should get a USB symbol on the screen. The program should detect the radio as a devo 7E. If so then use the program to upload the latest nightly build for the T8SG V2 Plus.

Even if you don't get the USB symbol see if the program sees the radio. If so still try the software upgrade.

More
09 Nov 2019 09:48 #75427 by dat-alex

propnut wrote: Download Deviation Uploader-0.9.0 from www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/category/161-dfu-usb-tool
Open the software and then connect your radio to your PC using the USB cable. Then just touch the power button for a fraction of a second literally. You should get a USB symbol on the screen. The program should detect the radio as a devo 7E. If so then use the program to upload the latest nightly build for the T8SG V2 Plus.

I will try this despite the fact that usb seems to not be recognised by windows

Even if you don't get the USB symbol see if the program sees the radio. If so still try the software upgrade.

no usb detected at all . As you can see (from the video) it seems like the cpu tries to boot -maybe I can try to load bootloader+code through stm32 programming pins (?) maybe? but i cannot find a way.

I will try to check if usb port circuit is connected to cpu (STM32F103). I hope cpu doeas not wait to detect rf module or lcd -in order to boot- as these are diconnected from the pcb.

More
09 Nov 2019 13:02 #75428 by propnut
Then perhaps your main board is shot. Just buy another from AliExpress. Sadly the chap above that said he bought a T16 may be in for a bad surprise. They aren't much more reliable. Loads of niggly issues

More
09 Nov 2019 13:42 - 09 Nov 2019 13:51 #75429 by propnut
Sorry forgot you need to hold the BACK button and then tap power to get into DFU mode
Last edit: 09 Nov 2019 13:51 by propnut.

More
09 Nov 2019 13:55 - 09 Nov 2019 13:56 #75430 by propnut
See video, sorry don't know why it came out sideways but you'll get the idea

video
Last edit: 09 Nov 2019 13:56 by propnut.

More
20 Apr 2020 17:54 - 20 Apr 2020 17:56 #76196 by uhtrinity
Replied by uhtrinity on topic Jumper T8SG V2 Plus Will Not Turn On
My personal T8SG and 2 others from my school drone club went down early this year with the same symptoms. Turns out it is a bad / shorted inductor. It's a 10uH smd inductor. There are a few on the board, one appears to power the LCD screen and the otehr the CPU and transmitter. The ones powering the CPU and transmitter were shorted and showing less than 1. A healthy one should be around 2 ohms. Hope this helps assuming it's the same issue.
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Apr 2020 17:56 by uhtrinity.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds