which one should i buy?

More
06 Jan 2020 17:33 #75668 by txinsuranceguy
which one should i buy? was created by txinsuranceguy
i was going to order the t8sg v2 plus carbon.
its my understanding it runs this awesome nightly updated DeviationTX.
it should also have the speaker and modules INCLUDED to allow voice?

then i see the t12 with 4 in 1 module for half the price....i know it runs openTX (JumperTX)

why is it so much cheaper and shouldn't i just get the t8sg?

am i even in the right class of radio?

i was going to start with a Nano S2. the reason i don't want the RTF transmitter is the cost is 30 bucks more. i also was going to order a XK and maybe an Align 150x all which work with any 4 in 1 module.

do i go the cheap route?

is the deviation software stable for me to use as a beginner? its got all the great features!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2020 17:38 - 06 Jan 2020 17:39 #75669 by Picos310
Replied by Picos310 on topic which one should i buy?
I have the jumper T8SG V2 Plus and wish I had waited a little longer and gotten the Jumper T16 Pro instead. To answer your question it does have a speaker and the module built inside already.
Last edit: 06 Jan 2020 17:39 by Picos310.

More
06 Jan 2020 19:05 #75670 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic which one should i buy?
I also own an Frsky radio (X-Lite) with open Tx. Open Tx has more features and capabilities, such as lua scripts for VTX controls etc and also better telemetry voice and sensor integration.
And honestly the hardware is good and solid and as it has biggest user base, it has more developers. jumperT16,has embedded multimodule and large display,probably the best radio deal nowdays.

But now the downsides:
open Tx, for me is very complicated, also the software firmware companion and updates is a hell of job. then you need firmware for the radio and for the Tx module, if you run multimodule you need another firmware. Running RF modules with sperate serial link, is adding extra latency and jitters.

In terms of stability, latency and model controls, Deviation for me is the better choice, it offers rock solid link RF direct via SPIbus I literally never had any instability of Deviation and or loss of control due to my Tx, very easy to update software, support 100dreds of Tx protocols just out of the box.
the basic telemetry,such as RSSI alerts and battery voltage alerts works fine for me, most stuff I use OSD anyway.
Further Deviation is powerfull to generate all kind of advanced mixers etc, but that can be also difficult to use.(although for normal user quad and wing, you never need that).

So Indeed it all up to personal choice.

More
06 Jan 2020 20:09 #75671 by txinsuranceguy
Replied by txinsuranceguy on topic which one should i buy?
thanks! lol i am still not sure. I just hope openTX isn't replacing deviation. lots of work seems to have gone into it and being rock solid i think i'll go with the t8sg v2 plus carbon then. its $100 bucks.

i was just offered a tarranis qx7s for 65 and i guess i can buy a 4 in one module for 35 but...maybe i'll do that and sell it for money for another copter.

i don:t want to have to add modules to do the same thing. why did everything not shift TOWARD Jumper's thinking vs having all their own protocols and radios?

More
06 Jan 2020 21:41 #75672 by txinsuranceguy
Replied by txinsuranceguy on topic which one should i buy?
ok the T8SG v2 plus carbon is on it's way!
thank you everyone!

More
08 Jan 2020 12:05 #75676 by eried
Replied by eried on topic which one should i buy?
Congrats! I had a cheap flysky and I feel the v2 plus carbon is a proper upgrade.

The sticks are smooth and I like the gimmick of the voice, even when it is not 100% functioning properly.

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds