OMPHOBBY M1 S-FHSS with Devo 12s

More
24 Feb 2021 16:55 - 24 Feb 2021 16:56 #77272 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-
OMPHOBBY M1 S-FHSS with Devo 12s was created by -=Hubi-Dirk=-
Hi,

I bound the M1 in S-FHSS protocol directly with my Devo 12S (4in1 module), a fine frequency adjustment was not necessary.

The M1 flies very nicely, but so far I have only been able to hover in the living room. The configuration I am still improving, every day a step further.

The panic function is also programmed, when switching the M1 hovers nicely further. But I still have to test outside and also test the rescue from inverted flight.

Greetings
Dirk
Last edit: 24 Feb 2021 16:56 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2021 15:48 #77277 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-
Replied by -=Hubi-Dirk=- on topic OMPHOBBY M1 S-FHSS with Devo 12s
The first flights outside are behind us. The M1 is very good to control and has a lot of power. The stabilization mode is well implemented, for me, who also flies the Walkera 4G3 (120mm paddle heli) the stabilization mode feels like flying with handbrake on. Still on the ground I switch to Idle Up 1 in 3D mode and the M1 flies like I like it.

The panic function, which I copied from the Spektrum configuration did not work well for me. Now I programmed a delay function in a complex mixer. Bingo!

@ PhracturedBlue: Many thanks to you for your example "Stick position + delay". It allowed me to work out a good solution for the panic function.

Greetings
Dirk

More
03 Mar 2021 17:30 #77285 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-
Replied by -=Hubi-Dirk=- on topic OMPHOBBY M1 S-FHSS with Devo 12s
After several flights in which I tried the panic function, I have now made the programming this way that the stabilization mode is only activated for as long as the M1 needs to turn around from inverted flight.

Furthermore I have removed the fixed pitch value from the config. There are three reasons for this:
1. I have no problem intercepting the M1 with positive pitch immediately after the M1 has turned around,
2. the fixed pitch made me confused, I always tried to control pitch and nothing happened, that led to a panic function for me :lol:
3. and last but not least, the fixed pitch value only works reasonably well when there is no wind blowing. Otherwise it may be that the M1 rises or falls or whatever.

It would be a different situation if the Devo 12s had a button that you hold down only as long as you want stabilization mode and fixed pitch to be enabled. But I have always used the left shoulder switch as a throttle hold to protect my helicopters by turning off the motor. Such a reflex cannot be retrained so quickly, but with the programming it can stay like that.

Cheers
Dirk

Time to create page: 0.024 seconds