Status of Devo7e voice support

More
14 Jun 2021 04:32 #77457 by ramunas
Status of Devo7e voice support was created by ramunas
I have been following the adding voice support through the trainer port wiki instructions for Devo7e, Devo8s etc. with success on Devo8, but no success on Devo7e. So I also checked out the Devo7e voice test build thread where a number of test builds were built, and later removed, and saw no declaration of success. There were also discussions of whether Devo7e voice support should be abandoned due to flash space limitations. So I suspect that the voice support is not active on the current nightly devo7e builds. But just to make sure I am not missing something simple - does anyone know the actual status of devo7e voice support in the current nightly builds?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2021 18:32 #77459 by yets
Replied by yets on topic Status of Devo7e voice support
Voice support works fine but from I remember you have to compile the firmware yourself while removing certain functions. The nightlies do not include the Voice support for Devo7E. I can't remember fully as I compiled a version for my Devo7E which worked fine, then I upgraded to Devo7E with upgraded MCU and voice support is baked into the firmware due to the larger space on chip. Sorry I can't help anymore

More
15 Jun 2021 06:16 #77460 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Status of Devo7e voice support
Or you can upgrade devo 7e into an ultimate Devo 7e, but not for the fainthearted, I have them with voice and is totally fine. (it becomes basically TGSG V2 Plus)
these guides are perfect;
silpstream.com/54/ultimate7e-upgrade-the-devo7e-processor/
silpstream.com/103/ultimate7e-flashing-the-bootloader/

More
15 Jun 2021 07:04 - 15 Jun 2021 07:17 #77461 by Gerry
Replied by Gerry on topic Status of Devo7e voice support
there is a voice support version for 7e on this post
www.deviationtx.com/forum/builds/5089-vo...uild?start=880#67195

edit:
or attached is the voice version on my 7e

Devo 7e A7105 NRF24L01 CC2500 2x3 way & voice, Devo 12e 4 in 1 & voice.
FFS (Forever Fixing Stuff)
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Jun 2021 07:17 by Gerry.

More
16 Jun 2021 19:45 #77463 by ramunas
Replied by ramunas on topic Status of Devo7e voice support
Thanks for all the responses. I have some older devo7es that I want to pass on to grandkids. These all work fine with the individual rf modules. Nowadays I find voice quite useful, and will follow Gerry's link and attachments to see if I can get voice going. Loss of standard GUI and need for ini editing should not be an issue.

More
16 Jun 2021 21:02 #77464 by ramunas
Replied by ramunas on topic Status of Devo7e voice support
Gerry - your link to the dfu test build works great, can get voice on a devo7e in almost no time at all! It may be good to archive it under download-test builds. -thanks

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds