Receiver Voltage limits

More
16 Feb 2022 12:31 #77843 by jfitz66
Receiver Voltage limits was created by jfitz66
So call me old school but I've always used NiMH 4.8 volt packs to power my Walkera receivers but can I use 6.6V Life packs instead. The documentation lists 4.8 to 6.0v if I'm not mistaken so I've been cautious about trying a 6.6v LiFe pack on them. Really just want to get away from the NiMH altogether. Will the extra voltage from the LIFE battery do any harm? Is anyone already doing this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2022 13:26 - 16 Feb 2022 13:29 #77844 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-
Replied by -=Hubi-Dirk=- on topic Receiver Voltage limits

jfitz66 wrote: Will the extra voltage from the LIFE battery do any harm?

And if so, then you lose the whole model because the Walkera RX fails due to the overvoltage? Is that really worth the risk? What about the electronics connected to the receiver, like servos or an ESC? Can they handle this voltage?

What is the final charge voltage of the LiFe batteries when they are 100% fully charged? I found 3.65V, so that would be 7.3V instead of the 6.6V you mentioned.

My suggestion would be to reduce the voltage safely to 5 volts. Look for so called StepDown or Buck Converters, which always give the same output voltage at different input voltages. There are for example types with 5V / 3A.

Here is an example: www.adafruit.com/product/1385
Last edit: 16 Feb 2022 13:29 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.024 seconds