Devo8s touchscreen replacement

More
19 Oct 2022 07:41 - 19 Oct 2022 07:42 #78108 by TheDogWithShades
Devo8s touchscreen replacement was created by TheDogWithShades
So, as the title summarizes. I got yet another devo8s (in addition to the one I already got and I’m in love with - of course with the Deviation firmware) but the screen is bonkers, just doesn’t work all that well, and isn’t calibrated properly.

So I was wondering if there’s any kind of screen replacement I can buy? I’ve seen there’s screens for the raspberry pi that are the same size for the devo8s screen, but I don’t want to buy it without confirmation.

Thanks - TDWS
Last edit: 19 Oct 2022 07:42 by TheDogWithShades.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2022 05:57 #78109 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-
Replied by -=Hubi-Dirk=- on topic Devo8s touchscreen replacement
Unfortunately I don't have a tip where to buy a touchscreen for the 8s. The number of dealers has also become very scarce. One option would of course be to buy a used working 8s and use it as a spare parts stock.

However, your description of the error has triggered the thought in me that this could be a purely mechanical influence and not a defect of the touchscreen. Such an influence could be caused by dirt, foreign objects, a twisting of the screen or a pressure point in the screen's frame.

In your case, I would demount the 8s, completely remove/expose/examine/clean the screen (if you haven't already tried this) and reconnect the components so that a test of the screen is possible outside the case of the 8s.

It may also be oxidation in a connector or a connector has come loose. For a touchscreen that operates with resistance changes, that would be a possible explanation for the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds