Newbie not knowing what Fmod and Hold switches do

More
30 Dec 2023 14:22 #78343 by taksmara
I have flown a few drones before but they all come with their own transmitter and never had a hold or a Fmod switch.
I purchased a Devo 7e and a Walkera Rodeo 110 and have managed to bind but am nervous to fly it in on intermediate or advaced mode. The devo 7 has a Mix switch that toggles between STABILIZE / INTERMEDIATE / ADVANCED flight modes, but dont know how to recreate this kind of thing on the Devo 7e. Is this something I would do on the Fmod switch? Any help would be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Dec 2023 16:46 #78344 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-
Replied by -=Hubi-Dirk=- on topic Newbie not knowing what Fmod and Hold switches do
Hi,

first of all we have to know witch Firmware the Devo 7e have? Original Walkera Firmware or Deviation?

More
05 Jan 2024 10:55 #78347 by taksmara
Thank you for your reply and apologies for taking so long to get back to you, I didnt receive any notification that I had any reply.
Its running the Deviation version devo7e-v5.0.0.

More
05 Jan 2024 16:03 #78348 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-
Replied by -=Hubi-Dirk=- on topic Newbie not knowing what Fmod and Hold switches do
Okay, take a look at the mode settings in Devo 7. There, a value is sent to the Rodeo receiver on a channel, not channel 1 - 4, via a switch. The value will most likely have the three values -100% / 0% / +100%.

Once you have checked this information, program this function on the same channel # of the Devo 7e. Select the switch on the Devo 7e that you want to assign the function to as source (Src). You can keep the "1 to 1" as the curve.

See documentation point 9.2.4.: deviationtx.com/user-manual/user-manual-7e-10

First check on the channel monitor whether the correct values are displayed on the Devo 7e on the correct channel, as was done with the Devo 7.

More
09 Jan 2024 10:38 #78351 by taksmara
So I have tried to do some research and understand what you are explaining. I don't have a Devo 7 in order to check whuch channel and what values are being used and have found no help on Google or Youtube. The only video I could find that explained this was this one below, and it seems he is saying that those toggles and switches belong to aux 1, aux 2 and aux 3 channels but this still doesnt tell me which channels numbers those correspond to nor which one controls those settings for the Rodeo 110.

More
09 Jan 2024 15:39 - 09 Jan 2024 15:40 #78352 by taksmara
I see the video was not added...
Have a look at 5mins 20 secs.
Last edit: 09 Jan 2024 15:40 by taksmara.

More
10 Jan 2024 07:16 #78353 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-
The channel sequence of the Devo is EATR for the first four channels, which means Elev,Aile,Thro, Rudd.

According to the table on page 12 of the operating instructions, the next three channels are Gear, Flap, Aux2. Gear is channel 5, so Flap should be channel 6 and Aux2 channel 7.

I would continue the search, link channels 5 - 7 to the desired switches accordingly and simply try it out.

I also searched a little with Goggle and also didn't find a config file or a description.
Attachments:

More
10 Jan 2024 10:25 - 10 Jan 2024 10:27 #78354 by taksmara
Thanks for your help with this, much appreciated. I will start with Channel 5 because in the video he pointed to the Mix switch and said that's the Gear channel.

The devo 7e has only a 2-way switch so I am guessing it will only have 2 values there, correct? So if for now I program them as -100% and 0%, would that correspond to Stabilize and intermediate modes?

Btw, what do the Hold and Fmod switches usually do?
Last edit: 10 Jan 2024 10:27 by taksmara. Reason: Needed to add more info

More
11 Jan 2024 06:59 - 11 Jan 2024 07:28 #78355 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-
Google for "Devo 7e 3 way switch" you will find solutions ;)

The devo 7e has only a 2-way switch so I am guessing it will only have 2 values there, correct? So if for now I program them as -100% and 0%, would that correspond to Stabilize and intermediate modes?
It would also be possible that 0% and + 100% the right once. You have to try it out.

Btw, what do the Hold and Fmod switches usually do?
As "Hold" i understand with the Redeo that the Motors canĀ“t run like arm and disarm. "Fmod" is Flight Mode: You can use it for several options. May you can use it for various settings maybe in Expo and Dual Rate. But these are programming and settings in Deviation.

So beware: Maybe there is a function stored in the RX of the Rodeo when you send a 0% or 100% on this channels. So be careful and try to find it out before.

I only find a Rodeo 110 Quick Start Manual. Is there not a complete one avialable?
Last edit: 11 Jan 2024 07:28 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-.

More
12 Jan 2024 19:31 #78357 by taksmara
Yes thank you, I do see a 3-way switch mod, and will definitely do this for both of the 2-way switches on the Devo 7e.

I dont know if its possible to find out if there is a function on the Rodeo receiver for this channel because there is so little info on the internet about this model, but I will try ask on RCgroups.

The quick start manual is the only manual for this mode unfortunately.

More
13 Jan 2024 07:00 #78358 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-
I found in my research that there is also the option to install Betaflight on the Rodeo 110 flight controller. Perhaps that would be the better choice, as everything can be set and configured here. You can find information on Betaflight on the Rodeo FC here, for example:

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds