12 s update

More
16 Mar 2024 20:25 #78387 by Kalel
12 s update was created by Kalel
Hi guys. I would like to update my 12 s so I can use my new Heli which is DSM . If I do so and transfer my models over as in online guides will I keep all settings?Will I not need to set them up again as I'm newish to helis and it took me long time to get them right? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2024 11:07 - 17 Mar 2024 11:08 #78389 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-
Replied by -=Hubi-Dirk=- on topic 12 s update
Hi,

- which firmware is currently installed? Devention or deviation?

- which helicopter with DSM is it?

Kalel wrote: ...transfer my models over as in online guides ...

- which guides do you mean?
Last edit: 17 Mar 2024 11:08 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-.

More
17 Mar 2024 17:52 - 17 Mar 2024 19:13 #78390 by Kalel
Replied by Kalel on topic 12 s update
Hi Its currently the stock walkers which came with the transmitter devo 12s (devention). I was going to use a spectrum satellite receiver but noticed the update firmware (deviation)also supports futaba s-fhss. The Heli is the aligne t15 and built in is futaba s-fhss so hoping it will bind. When I update firmware and copy my models over will it keep all settings ie won't have to set them up again?Took a long time to get right as newish and may take a while to learn deviation..YouTube video show step bye step to do the re flash of devo to deviation and shows how to transfer your models over so you don't loose all settings. I just want to confirm this? Thanks for replying and very grateful for any help.
Last edit: 17 Mar 2024 19:13 by Kalel.

More
18 Mar 2024 06:47 #78391 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-
Hi
to use the Futaba protocol you need to modify the hardware of the Devo 12s. This requires a so-called 4in1 module so that the protocol for Walkera and Spetrum remains available.

www.aliexpress.com/item/33040696801.html...arch%7Cquery_from%3A

Unfortunately, as far as I know, you cannot use the model data from Devention for Deviation, you would have to reprogram the models. But this also has the advantage that you get to know the function better and can then help yourself better. Which models would have to be programmed? Perhaps I could provide you with model data as an example.

More
18 Mar 2024 09:21 #78392 by Kalel
Replied by Kalel on topic 12 s update
Hi thank you for reply. When I last tried deviation it binned fine to a DSM satalite on my 12s . I didn't need any hardware change.I was hoping it would bind to futaba s-fhss too just the same as it says supported but not sure now u say need hardware.

I just found deviation a bit confusing but it was great for extra versatility.
Maybe I could use the same DSM satalite on my new Heli t15 if u think I need change hardware for futaba as I don't fancy soldering,looks fiddly.
The models I have saved which maybe u could help set up on deviation if I go ahead is a aligned trex 600n. The other is a align mr25 drone ? This would help so I could fly while I get familiar with it again.
What's your suggestion please?
Thanks for your help.

More
18 Mar 2024 09:59 #78393 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds