What function should be put in D10's main menu

More
07 Oct 2012 09:53 - 07 Oct 2012 11:58 #2022 by suvsuv
Guys, I am working on the main menu GUI for devo10. It can actually show 8 menu items.
Other than the Normal Functions, Modle Settings and System Settings, what else do you prefer to put in the main menu so that we can have shortcuts to most frequent-use functions?

Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Oct 2012 11:58 by suvsuv.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2012 10:31 #2024 by vlad_vy
Why not to do as at devo8? For uniformity.

Two main pages: [Model Options] and [Tx Options].

[Model Options]
Mixer
Model
Timer
Trimm
Main Page Cfg
Tx Options -> [Tx Options]

[Tx Options]
Tx Config
Channels
Inputs
Buttons
Scaner
USB/Version
Model Options -> [Model Options]

More
07 Oct 2012 11:59 #2025 by suvsuv
Due to the resolution limitation. D10's gui layout can not be the same as D8. And I would like to stick to factory-layout with some more flexibility

More
09 Oct 2012 04:25 #2084 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic What function should be put in D10's main menu
I'm going to agree with vlad here. Certainly you are welcome to do whatever you like, it is open-source after all. But Deviation has no concept of 'Pitch Curves' or 'Program Mix'.

It makes much more sense to me to layout the pages the same as in the Devo8 (even though each one will need to work differently due to the resolution differences). I see no reason why we can't make an equivalent for each screen the Devo8 has that is compatible with the Devo10.

If you don't want to go that path, it is fine. I expect I'll start working on the Devo10 gui soon, as I don't have any transmitters available at the moment, and there is only so much I can do without access to the hardware.

More
10 Oct 2012 02:34 - 10 Oct 2012 02:46 #2138 by suvsuv
PB, I agree with you points. However , I thought the devo8's GUI is more suitable for elite, so I want to deliver a GUI for newbie who are familiar with JR/Walkera's TX menu style. Regardless of GUIs, they are all from your great framework with almost the same functionalitise, the more GUI, the better for devo-users :)

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Oct 2012 02:46 by suvsuv.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds