Reordering Channels and Complex mixers

More
13 Oct 2012 19:44 #2199 by PhracturedBlue
Reordering Channels and Complex mixers was created by PhracturedBlue
I just committed new code that allows for reordering channels as well as copying from one channel to another.
It also adds support for reordering complex mixers and inserting/removing individual mixers.

I'd like feedback on how well it works, since there is a bunch of new code there.
As I haven't released a new dfu, this only applies to folks who are able to build from src.

FYI: I don't plan on releasing a new official version until I can actually test the latest builds on my own Tx, and can get the binding regression fixed and the telemetry working properly, so it'll be at least another week until that happens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2012 20:08 #2200 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Reordering Channels and Complex mixers
I've just commented it on Bitbucket...

It is very cool!
It can do anything, while not being obstructive, i.e. doesn't take valuable place...

My only gripe is that IMO inserting should be happen before instead of after the selected mixer...

More
13 Oct 2012 20:32 #2201 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Reordering Channels and Complex mixers
It is done.

More
13 Oct 2012 20:38 #2202 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Reordering Channels and Complex mixers
Thanks!

More
14 Oct 2012 21:11 #2236 by Eriskio
Replied by Eriskio on topic Reordering Channels and Complex mixers
Nice feature! it works fine at first sight :)
IMHO the visualization is a little confusing (expecially reordering channel)
In the mixer window you have the first column unchanged then the second label reporting the SRC of the mixer channel... so you can have a line as:

"1-ELE THR Simple"

What is the relation between 1-ELE e THR in such case?

More
15 Oct 2012 05:10 #2238 by PhracturedBlue
Such is the limit of a 320x240 screen.

the '1' is the channel number
the 'ELE' is the label on the Rx of that channel (the channel purpose)
the 'THR' is the src you are using on this channel
the 'Simple' means it is a simple template.

When you reorder a channel, you can't change the 1st column. channel 1 is always channel 1. So when you reorder channel 1 to channel 3, what you are really doing is moving the configuration that was ch1 to ch3. so when it completes, you'll see that the 1st column doesn't change, but the rest of the columns have been reordered.

It is a tradeoff between displaying more relevant info and clarity of what is displayed. I'll need to document its usage in the manual.

More
15 Oct 2012 06:44 - 15 Oct 2012 06:47 #2240 by Eriskio
Uhm, so I can use the THR stick to move the servo connected on the ELE port of the receiver?

Anyway: there is to check the function because after having moved THR on the CH6 (for example) and then reordering it back (THR to THR) the label THR (src) near the input CH6 is still present (the src label THR result as duplicated on both lines, THR and CH6)
Last edit: 15 Oct 2012 06:47 by Eriskio.

More
15 Oct 2012 10:13 #2246 by PhracturedBlue
of course you can. Deviation has no requirement that a THR stick is responsible for controlling the throttle.

I was not able to duplicate the behavior you mention. If I move Ch3 to the 6th position, then exit move, then move ch6 to the 3rd position, everything works as expected.

More
15 Oct 2012 11:22 - 15 Oct 2012 11:42 #2248 by Eriskio
Ok, I'll check again this scenario this evening. It is also possible that while checking out/upgrading my copy of source I missed something.

Note: It can be a nice functionality but IMHO it is necessary to guarantee that it can't be activated by mistake (or it can't be simple to happen).
I think it is necessary to put in place some form of double-check: the risk is to mess up channels: very dangerous :ohmy:
Having only a single click to exchange THR and AIL or ELE RX channels (especially with a 600-700 class heli but also with electric plane models) can result in a really bad accident. :S
Last edit: 15 Oct 2012 11:42 by Eriskio.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds