PB, request your code review (2)

More
26 Oct 2012 15:34 - 27 Oct 2012 13:17 #2433 by suvsuv
PB, request your code review (2) was created by suvsuv
the most complicated task of porting Deviation 8 to Devo10 is about the Mixer pages. Current progress is a little behind my schedule but overall it is not bad:
1. Mixer Page is all done
2. Mixer limit is all done
3. Simple template of the Mixer setup is almost done.
4. Complex template of the Mixer setup is almost done, except curves setting in MIXER_curve.c

Once the mixer setup pages are finished ,then rest porting should be easier and just a matter of time

Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Oct 2012 13:17 by suvsuv.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2012 15:44 #2434 by suvsuv
Replied by suvsuv on topic Devo 10 Progress (2)
PB, please check out codes from my repo and play with existing mixer pages( Main Menu->Model Config->Mixer) for a while, I would like to get your comments.

Currently, I used 2 ways to write Mixer-Limit and Mixer-Setup:
1, Devo10's Mixer-limit is loose coupling with devo8's. By this way you don't need to worry me to bring any bugs to devo8 release
2. The Mixer-Setup pages of devo10 and devo8 share the same callback methods. By this way, my porting will be simpler but you might need to test both devo8 and devo10 devices if you made and changes on the callback methods in the future.
Both way has pros and cons, I am fine with either of them. Let me know your opinion, then I will stick to it.

BTW, please don't merge my codes at this moment, I am still refactoring the logical view mechanism for devo10, once done, I will request your code review

More
27 Oct 2012 22:47 #2448 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo 10 Progress (2)
It looks very nice.

On the limit page, it doesn't seem possible to toggle the failsafe between on and off. once on, you can't turn it back off. 'Ent' should probably do that like on the Devo8

I prefer the way the mixer setup is handled. This is exactly what I would have done, sharing as much code as possible between the 2.

I like the revert action on the limits page, This is a nice solution to support live editing.

More
28 Oct 2012 01:17 - 28 Oct 2012 01:53 #2449 by suvsuv
Replied by suvsuv on topic Devo 10 Progress (2)
Thanks for your comments, that is what I bet. I will change the Mixer-limit and all other devo8 pages to the way that mixer setup is using.

Now the Mixe-page, mixer-setup, mixer-limit and mixer-curves are almost done. Still need a little more time to figure out a better way to let users configure EXPO&DR template easily

Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Oct 2012 01:53 by suvsuv.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds